No announcement yet.

Paratroopers In Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Remagen was a serious piece of bad planning (wasn't it)?!?
    Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Recurve
      Well, Remagen was a serious piece of bad planning (wasn't it)?!?
      Exactly! It was a good demonstration of paratroopers unable to keep a position until ground troops and tanks, slowed down by german troops resistance, bring reinforcement.

Once again: it wasn't fault of paratroopers, simply is not their task to defense for long.
      But we are now too much OT. Please feel free to send me a Private Mail if you like to continue our chatting about WWII
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

ive always wanted an AIR transport unit in civ, but i never got one.

i even TRIED to make one in a scenario, but when u click "air" it greys out "carries".

if a chopper could hold 2 infantry, or 1 tank, thad be fun
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The Soviets took a lot of care equipping their airborne units. They had developed all kinds of light-weight APCs, Tanks, and Self Propelled guns for special use with airborne troops. For the most part this equipment had to be airlifted, which required either capturing or building an airfield, but it gave the paratroops a lot of striking power.

Soviet airborne doctrine was to drop approximately 10 days ahead of the main advance at vital C3 and Supply areas.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
            ive always wanted an AIR transport unit in civ, but i never got one.

i even TRIED to make one in a scenario, but when u click "air" it greys out "carries".

if a chopper could hold 2 infantry, or 1 tank, thad be fun
            Yeah, civ needs air transport units, or at least one.
            Alex

Comment

Too right!

I'd like two types of chopper (troop transport and attack), transport aircraft which could deliver equipment to airfields (and paratroops could drop from) and yes, a glider unit which will give you the edge until you develop the transport aircraft.

There’s no reason for limiting choice to sea transport only.
              Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

And because gliders were death traps, they should have like half a chance of destroying the unit, or it should automatically take away half the units hit points.

Of course none of that will be in Civ 3. I don't expect them to have any air transports, the lazy jerks that they are.

Comment

amen brother.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                  X