Civ3 Rules.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 Rules.txt

Wouldn't it be nice if Firaxis released the Rules.txt file now? We could learn so much about Civ3 just from that single file. Which civilizations are included, the techs, units, which options can be changed.
    Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Don't you think it's probably not ready yet?

Comment

I'm not going to edit civ 3 until i play it for several months, i would only edit it if i was bored of it. Plus i don't want to know too much about the game.
      Alex

Comment

i concur.

i studied tribes 2 for years before it came out.

i knew it all and basically had the entire storyline / weapons / characters memorized.

then i got the game and stopped playing after 2 weeks.

i don't want that to be civ 2.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

as long as the game includes a program that checks everyones versoion of rules.txt before playing, this weakness in civ 2 allowed some of the biggest cheats...
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

We could learn so much about Civ3 just from that single file. Which civilizations are included, the techs, units, which options can be changed.
            ... and that is probably the reason why they do not release the rules file now...
            Blah

Comment

I would preferr the CtP model, where settings and etc are in many files.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
              X