Customizable Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizable Colors

In civ the following should be customizable from the main screen; thus when you set preferences you should be able to change the:

City Name Font
    Default Font for the Game
    Countries' Colors- Randomize them or Pick some to stay forever
    Countries' Flags
    Civlopedia Font

Any other ideas?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I would have thought the best way to get a custom colour is to have three slide bars - red, yellow and blue (?), from which to create your desired colour.

Either that or just a large pallete.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I really don't think you can get custom colours for your civs, do the maths

The units are pre-rendered, and Firaxis has said that the units have many different animations, more than 1 for each type (attacking, dying, etc).

So, lets say the barbarian unit has all up, 500 frames. 500 (frames) x 16 (colours) = 8000. So, that's 8000 frames they'd have to do, in order for you to choose what colour you want to be for the barbarian only.

Lets say the game has 80 units. That comes to 640,000 frames they'd have to do.

LIKE HELL

Forget it!

Comment

The units can be whatever color they want- the civs colors however should be able to be chosen.

In Civ II the cities could be only one color- If I want the egyptians to be pink then they should be able to be pink.

Will it really be that hard to make the numbers pink?

The units uniforms do not matter... Even if they did, the makers of the game probably would have prerendered designs that are accessed like an ASP file in a large file.

Thus

Belt
        (same for rifleman,grenadier)
        (all colors)

And build the units from singular pictures.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

great idea, but as always, too late to impliment.

i have often said that i could wait for civ 3 if they wanted to add something great.

but now im getting antsy.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Who cares about the font? As long as you can read it...

The colours should be customizable.
            Alex

Comment

I think they can do the varying colours on the units by using a colour in the original graphics and allowing it to be substituted for another colour depending on the civilisation. You don't seriously think they render 16 different versions of the same unit with a bit of modification to the colour do you? They have much more cunning ploys than that to save messing about. So theoretically, the custom colours should be available. However Firaxis are probably more interested, at this point, in making one colour distinct from another to allow a large range of civs to exist (if 16 is the case). This may be added, but I am not at all bothered either way...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

500 (frames) x 16 (colours) = 8000. So, that's 8000 frames

They have much more cunning ploys than that to save messing about

Its called PAINT BY NUMBERS.

Just change which numbers relate to each colour.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X