is it too late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it too late

just wondering why we still getting ideas posted here, surely it is too late for civ 3 now... is this forum just becoming some place for people to try and show how clever they are with all this REALISM they trying to bring to the game , wouldnt we better off waiting for the gaem now and then making a forum for how to fix it !!!
    Civ 3 will not be released this year so plenty of time for change yet
    25.00%
    I just love seeing people argue about my ideas
    31.25%
    I do it for Post Counts without spamming
    18.75%
    I need people to see how clever I am
    25.00%
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

As I think, in all games there always room for some addon disc, it Firaxis makes such one about Civ3 it could be some of the ideas get's on it (as optional)...the chances might not be the best, but who knows
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

perhaps firaxis will put all these ideas onto a 2nd disc to be released in 6mths after civ 3 release and sell for another $50 ....

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
        perhaps firaxis will put all these ideas onto a 2nd disc to be released in 6mths after civ 3 release and sell for another $50 ....
        That's how they make money, they wouldn't make any money if they gave away the CD, and they also need to keep the game alive somehow

Comment

perhaps if they made the game right the first time it would encourage more to buy it rather than just pirate it

Comment

Post counts of course! No one from FIRAXIS will read my ideas anyway.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

or any other ideas from now on till release dat ei would presume

Comment

IMHO

Minor ideas, like customisable options can be added at any time upto the final release. Things like toggle on or of huts, civ colour allocation, the graphics for a particular unit or terrain, can all be feasible adaptions/add-ons to the game.

Its core issues like trade systems, diplomacy etc that are not going to be changed.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                  IMHO

Minor ideas, like customisable options can be added at any time upto the final release. Things like toggle on or of huts, civ colour allocation, the graphics for a particular unit or terrain, can all be feasible adaptions/add-ons to the game.

Its core issues like trade systems, diplomacy etc that are not going to be changed.
                  The chances of those issues to be changed is pretty small, but there's a chance...damn small, but it's there...I don't know about you, but I think it's fun to talk about things that could have been in the game (if the idea came earlier)

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

The chances of those issues to be changed is pretty small, but there's a chance...damn small, but it's there...I don't know about you, but I think it's fun to talk about things that could have been in the game (if the idea came earlier)
                    i dont know, seems more frustrating and likely to cause dissapointment to me to talk about such things.
                    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I used to be real interested in most of these threads, but as the time flies by, I have come to accept the futility of it all. (that and the fact that about 80% of the ideas come from other games, so much for originality)

RAH
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Should have added another option:

Game won't be released until next year, but it is still too late to to change the game.

That is my opinion on the matter.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Another choice should be: because I hope that any good idea will be used by any game designer around here, Firaxis or not.

Anything that, at the end, give me a strategic game I'd like to play, can't be bad
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I'm bored at work, and haven't checked into the Civ3 forum in a few months.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

But it's also nice to discuss how the game is going to be.
                              To see how other people look at the stuff released so far.
                              Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                              If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                              "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Working...
                              X