Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual

Could we please have a decent manual?
    Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Re: Manual

Originally posted by Mannamagnus
    Could we please have a decent manual?
    Click The virtues of the SMAC-manual: The appendix. Agree?

Comment

Civ2 had a good manual, unlike ctp2....
      Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
      If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
      "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

I wouldn't even mind paying $40-$50 if it had a good manual. Even a better manual than Civ2MGE would be preferable but at least as good as the Civ2MGE manual.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I've found that in the past, Firaxis have been generous with manuals. For a game with as much depth as Civ3, it would probably be necessary. The SMAC manual was huge, very comprehensive...same with Civ2. So it is one thing I am confident about in this case.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

As others have said, the manuals weren't that bad. You can always ask for better but I would be happy as long as they don't make it worse (haven't played Alpha Centauri or anything after civ 2 though). The other thing is, with good in-game support (especially for newbies like me ) and the proliferation of websites, I think everything will be all right...

What I would rather see is for them to answer questions periodically (once a month or something). This way we can get answers for things that don't make it to the manual (like some game specific details--nothing exploitive though)...

KoalaBear33

Comment

I agree Ralf. And yes, so far Firaxis has a good track record as far as manuals are concerned.
              My worst fear would be a digital (PDF) manual. And like TechWins I wouldn't mind paying an extra ten dollars for a realy good manual/strategy guide.
              Also it might be worth considering printing the tech-tree-poster only on one side so people can put it on the wall above their desk. (though my wife would seriously disagree since our computer is in the livingroom)
              Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Alpha Centauri needed an appendix... badly... hopefully civ3 will have one.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                X