Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of Future Technology

There are three ways to win the game:

"UN Victory", essentially like "Diplomatic Victory" in SMAC is added.

Conquest

Spaceship

Civ3 will not have Corporate (Economic) Victory.

Source: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3infoc...html#victories

It looks like you will be required to build a spaceship in civ 3, which means that will be the science victory, looks like future techs are back.
    Alex

Don't leap to Conclusions; it's a pretty boring place

Your reasoning from the facts to the conclusion escapes me at the moment.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I, as well, fail to see your logic behind your statements, Alex.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

What I fail to see is where they got there information from. Some of it looks dodgy. I have never actually seen evidence of the Mongols in the game at all, but have seen the Spanish in the game (city of Salamanca).

So what you see there, I would take with a pinch of salt.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          What I fail to see is where they got there information from.
          I think those victory conditions are correct. I am not sure but I think I read the same info from another preview...

KoalaBear33

Comment

The spaceship parts were developed from named techs in Civ. Are you suggesting this proves that there will be a few forward-looking techs in Civ 3 (which I think we agree on) or that it proves the repeatable "Future Tech X" will remain for when the tech tree is completed?
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Of course the spaceship victory is back. Just look at the screenshots that we have been shown.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

The maximum number of civs in a game is still 7.

i wish i knew how they know.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                X