Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What difficulty level will you choose first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What difficulty level will you choose first?

When civ 3 first comes out, what difficulty level will you choose?
    The easist to get started, then work up from there
    21.62%
    Somewhere in the middle, like prince or king
    54.05%
    The hardest possible level in the game
    13.51%
    The easist to get started, then it depends on how hard the game is
    10.81%
    Alex

I had to vote for your first option. I like to start off easy and as I get better at the game I increase the level of difficulty.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I have to say that I will probably start with King or Prince, just because King is what I play in Civ II.

Comment

I'll start on the first or the second difficulty, to understand the game without much effort. And then i'll jump to my usual king level.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I'll start out easy and gradually make my way up the ladder. I find it most unwise to jump up too far right away as Civ 3 is a completely new game and the strategy appears to be quite different.
          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Yeah, thats what I'm planning to do too. Start off on the easy levels, so I can concentrate on the subtlties, of the new game, and coming to grips with them first...instead of mere survival.
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I'll probably start in the King-Level, esp if they ad a new difficulty stting (what about this?)
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hopefully they have improved the AI so that the middle difficulty levels are challenging and the hard ones extremly hard. Had to go for middle levels but hopefully I wont be able to handle it right away
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I'll start off easy probably Prince or King then after the first game probably play the second hardest if the first game wasn't too hard.
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

i'll play the easiest until i understand the whole culture / trade / resource system.

then i'll hop on the diety (or whatever they want to call it now) train.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

In ctp I made the mistake to choose for the easiest level.

I was bored to death....

So now I start in the middle, to have a little competition!

If it really is too difficult I can always go to a lower level,
                      but I think that won't happen!
                      Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                      If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                      "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

From what I understand, the new game will have Deity+ levels, so I don't think I'll choose the toughest until I get a better idea of what they are. Probably the level that corresponds to "King".

Comment

Working...
                        X