This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Firaxis' Webmaster Do?

Well, this is an open question to Firaxis Dan, what exactly do you do at Firaxis? The website only gets updated minimally, so what other jobs do you perform at Firaxis? Public Relations? Human Resources? Gopher? Coffee Boy?

PS...Please don't take offense at this post, it is not meant to offend, just question why there hasn't been an update. The jobtitle would lend itself to actually updating the website, something that hasn't been done for a long while, why?

One thing for sure : He doesnt update the site.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Jack-all. Now, if they would simply provide me with all of their current documentation and a copy of the latest alpha version of Civ3, I would be able to use these resources to update their site. I'd even do it for free.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Beta testing has started and they made Dan sign the NDA? He sits crafting endless site updates he can't release
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

I know he has vacation and is out playing golf with Sid.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Since Firaxis is not that big and updating a website is not that hard, anyone can do it, especially those that codes games, I would have to think Dan has another job within the company. I would not know what, but if they are paying him or anyone else for just a website they are making a mistake.

My guess is the reason we have yet to see an update for a while is that they have a list of problems with the game a mile long after design and testing and are wondering which ones they will be able to solve and which parts they will simply cut.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

if i said it once, ive said it a billion times.

FIRAXIS IS PLAYING CIV3 NON-STOP
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                X