No announcement yet.

What will you do first if civIII is released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts about SMAC are that I thought it was a good game, diffently not great, but I'm not into that sci-fi stuff. So after the first time I beat it (also the first time I played it) I never played it again. If you're big into sci-fi stuff I think it would be a more interesting game.

So Tropico is basically a Sim City type of game, right? I'm thinking about buying it but I'm reluctant to buy any game right now because I haven't liked my past two games I bought, The Sims (became more work than fun while playing the game after awhile) and AoE: The Age of Kings (that game just flat out sucked).
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Like many games I found Tropico has details in the wrong places. If it's more SimCity like I'd like it better, but now there are silly restrictions such as construction workers and teamsters. What's more, AFAIK construction workers generally go directly to the construction sites without going to the office so even these details are wrong.

It's sort of fun for the first few games, but the novelty worn out quickly.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Thanks for the input, Urban Ranger. I like to here the bad reviews more than the good reviews. That way I'll get the real picture behind the game.

I guess for all you people who will be looking for reviews about Civ3 here before you buy the game, I'll be one of the people giving the reviews because I'm going to buy Civ3 the day that it comes out. There's only one other game I do that with, Madden Football games. Every year I buy the new Madden game on it's first day of release.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

The first thing I'd do is buy a new PC so I can run the thing.
          - mkl

Comment

The first thing I'd do is buy a new PC so I can run the thing.
            What's your pc power right now?

Comment

My reaction will depend on when it ships. If it comes out early (pre-christmas) I will be more suspicious than if it hits the shelves next year. What game is currently running on the PC will also factor. If I'm still having a great time with one of the half-dozen seemingly awesome titles on the way then I will be able to resist the call longer. If I'm bored then I'll no doubt ignore my own good intentions of waiting for the initial euphoric reception to wear off and some real comments to start coming in from Apolytoners. Instead I'll buy the darn thing on day one and be one of the euphoric voices hoping that the come-down will be gentle and slight.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Well since I live in Ireland we'll probably get the game several days after the UK release which will probably be 1-2 weeks after the US release so I'll be able to see the reviews. The only thing that could stop me buying the game would be massive bug reports i.e bugs that obviously cant be fully fixed in just a patch or mod.
                And Jeff Briggs was it(?) said that they hoped to release the game this fall. If they have it finished and have it playtested enough then would be fine they've had 4 years or more to make it.
                Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

What's your pc power right now?
                  PII 233mhz, 192 meg ram, 2 meg video card.

For the moment I can play more recent games on my brother's 450, but next year I won't be able to. By then I should be up for a new pc anyway, methinks. Civ 3 is a good excuse to make the step up.
                  - mkl

Comment

the game is being delivered to my house on rush overnight airmail top security presidential courier. so when i get it i'll
                    [list=1][*]supress orgasm[*]call up my friends[*]tell them to go out and get it[*]start a chieftan game whie theyre out, LARGE world map, play as my fav civ, ROME.[*]play and learn every tidbit i can until my friends get back[*]start a new multiplayer chieftan game, large world map again. play as rome again. know some good city spots i explored last game :P.[*]continue supressing orgasm[*]check the advisors menu for that Crouching Tiger girl.[*]If (Advisor.Foriegn=="Croutching Tiger Girl") { orgasm(); }[*]wash up.[/list=1]
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Uberkrux, we really don't need to hear about your sexual fantasies. I'm sure you're not the only one, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X