Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what ever happened to sidgames.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what ever happened to sidgames.com?

Well? Because for a while now I haven't been able to access it, and I've been trying to look everywhere for info on what happened. Not to say you don't have a fantastic site here, but sidgames.com was the first Civ site I went to (as well as the only Botf, Colonization, and Imperialism site), and I want to see what happened. Last time I checked (late 2000) I saw something about a move, but I forget where.

Now, I used to visit this site back sometime around 1999 (maybe 2000 too). I mostly downloaded the excellent scenarios for the MGR of Civ 2, but I never went into the forums. I am now the webmaster of Tonto Clan's Civilization III Site

I hope someone can answer this question. Thank you.

btw moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, move it. I wasn't sure where to put it.
    Last edited by TNK; July 5, 2001, 17:25.

"It's dead, Jim".
    Kunal (the owner of Sidgames) up and disappeared, leaving all us former Sidgames adminitrators hanging in the air. Where he is, nobody knows... (nor wants too).
    "The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise" Preem Palver, First speaker, "Second Foundation", Isaac Asimov

Comment

I remember that Sidgames was moving to some other web address, but I don't remember what it was. When I visited the new address, the site still seemed in need of a lot of construction
      ----
      "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Harel
        "It's dead, Jim".
        Kunal (the owner of Sidgames) up and disappeared, leaving all us former Sidgames adminitrators hanging in the air. Where he is, nobody knows... (nor wants too).
        What if he died or was critically injured and is unable to communicate with the adminastrators?

I'm sorry but that remark just seems to assume the worst.
        ...Liberty and Justice for All

Comment

You mean whistler? He was posting on the Frontier not too long ago.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sidgames was a great site, whenever I do a SMAC, Colonization, or Imperialism yahoo search, I get links that sound great, click on them, and woe is me to find they're no longer there. It was also the first place I heard about EU. Do any of you guys talk about getting together to remake the site?

The other site is still there, but very weird and still not all that together...it was Imperad---something or other, I forget

Comment

Anyone else have any more info?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Working...
                X