If a demo is released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a demo is released...

If a demo is released, how many MB would you be disposed to download for it?.

A_V
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

I have a new 30GB hard drive and I only use about 5GB (that includes several games I haven't gotten around to deleting) so any size demo would be fine for me. I don't know if I would download a demo, though. Usually I find them frustrating because I'm limited in what I can do. Also, I know how Civ works (except for the new resource system and some other goodies) so it's just as well to wait for the game to be released.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

hopefully a demo come sout soon,, would b enice to get the feel even if it is jsut a beta version, i would download any size file
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Well, I downloaded the Tropico demo at 172MB without blinking, but I have DSL. Perhaps there can be two demos? One huge one (200+ MB is o.k.) for fast connections and one for 56K?
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

By the way, I should also mention here that the Tropico demo is masterful. You can play 50 game years SCORED and then keep playing un-scored. Of course, some key buildings and features are disabled, but you get fantastically hooked by the demo because of all the freedom you have to play. That, in turn, inticed me to buy the full game.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            Well, I downloaded the Tropico demo at 172MB without blinking, but I have DSL. Perhaps there can be two demos? One huge one (200+ MB is o.k.) for fast connections and one for 56K?
            That would seem to be wise. For Escape From Monkey Island, there was a 34M, all the way up to a 81M demo

It didn't increase the limits of the demo to have more download, just your graphics options and whether you got the movie.

As for myself, I would probably try to get it in a game magazine, and barring that, download the thing overnight. I did it with the Diablo II demo months before it was on a mag CD.

How much? about 120MB would be the limit. any more than that and it ties up the phone into the day. Where's My Go!Zilla?
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

As long as it can fit on a zip disk I'd be happy. While I only have 33.6 connection at home, the lab I work in is a T1 and has zip disks for quick transfer. Towards that end, 95MB tops. Or split the demo into two files.

Comment

Anything. I've got a cable modem, and the will to use it.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Got ADSL overhere,

I would even download it if it's more then 10 GB
                  It would just take some time.......
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Gotta love cable. 500+MB...
                    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Almost any size would be good for me...That means I don't want to download a game demo larger than 1 GB (You know, download limit)
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'll get my ADSL in a month. So I dont care how much will it take.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

i happen to have a few 70 gig SCSI hds at work with on OC12 running into it.

i say they make it just bige enough to piss off dialuppers.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
                            As for myself, I would probably try to get it in a game magazine, and barring that, download the thing overnight.
                            My same opinion. I must stop to around 80 MB for download, because my dial up line go down so often that usually my Go!Zilla goes crazy trying to keep all pieces togheter
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Yep, make it as big as it needs to be and those of us with no access to high speed downloads can wait for a coverdisk. I'd rather see that than get something so hopelessly chopped that it gives a flawed impression.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X