Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - What aspect of civ games appeal to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - What aspect of civ games appeal to you?

I'm curious to know what interests people about a civ game. I, for example, enjoy playing because it appeals to my creative side. I like trying to make the 'perfect world' by keeping my people happy, having good infrastructure, and trying to make peace with all my neighbours. Here are some of the reasons I think some people might like playing civ.

Military/conquest - Some people enjoy creating a large army and fiercely defending their country. Others might like taking that army and stomping on the empires other people have made.

Economics/trade - Some people like creating trade routes and getting rich.

Science - Some people like tracing the path of science through history or trying to be the most enlightened or advanced nation.

Exploration - Some people enjoy the first part of the game where they are faced with an unknown world and peoples they must discover.

Artistry(?) - As I mentioned above, some people trying to make the 'best of all possible worlds'.

Other - If there is something else you like about the game please put your vote here and explain.

There's probably a lot of reasons people play civ games that I couldn't think of.
    Thanks in advance for participating in my poll.
    Military / Conquest
    14.29%
    Economics / Trade
    35.71%
    Science
    0.00%
    Exploration
    14.29%
    Artistic / Creation
    35.71%
    Other (please elaborate in a post)
    0.00%
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Though I love building a huge civilization in my part pof the map, in the end when you meet other civs it become a certanny that in the end you'll have war so it is one of the more important parts of the game and the one I love planning for when setting up my civ.
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Science was number 2, but the money part was better, I only go to war if it's nesecary (Like if the other civilization is building cities where my borders should be )
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My favorite is the economics/trade. It's the empire building, the creation of infrastructure, building my cities and choosing the terrain they lie on. I can't wait for the special resources in Civ3

Comment

Working...
        X