The cities in screenshots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cities in screenshots...

Ok, Maybe I'm crazy, but in the game screenshots so far, is it me or do the cities look abnormaly big on the map? In civ2, they only took up one tile on the map, along with units. But now, they look like they take up four or so squares. Are the units just smaller in this game or what, does anybody have any ideas? I know this isn't exactly a pressing matter, but I was just curious if anybody else sees what I see.

I don't think we've seen four tiles, but two tiles has been observed. The cities actually appear to grow in time. Could you tell us what screenshots you're talking about, please?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I just went to that civfanatics site, and I saw my first full size screenshots, it cleared things up a lot for me.

Comment

The cities actually appear to grow in time.
        I hope this holds true.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Re: The cities in screenshots...

Originally posted by TVA22
          Ok, Maybe I'm crazy, but in the game screenshots so far, is it me or do the cities look abnormaly big on the map? In civ2, they only took up one tile on the map, along with units. But now, they look like they take up four or so squares. Are the units just smaller in this game or what, does anybody have any ideas? I know this isn't exactly a pressing matter, but I was just curious if anybody else sees what I see.
          I think too there are more then one tile used. But the city dosn´t grown greater then this 21 tiles, as far I know. That means, it´s "only" an optical feature. This brings up an other question to me: Anybody knows, if the optical city-style is again a feature by the owner of the city? In other words - if a city was captured, the city ctyle is changed like it was in Civ2? I would prefere somthing other: The city style is a part of the culture from the nation wich the city once founded, not from the (new) owner. (I hope it´s clear, what I mean? My English isn´t that good).

I wished to see as much as possible at the map: The culture of the Civ wich founded the city, importend city improvements allready builded in the city (Harbor, Cathedrale, City Walls, Wonders all visible on the map like City Walls in Civ2) and so on.
          Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

Working...
          X