Diplo guiding must be stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplo guiding must be stopped

This is the practice where players use diplos to negate zones of control and move forces past forts etc. Its unrealistic and should be stopped.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Why is that?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I agree with the Horse

It really is rather silly, and negates what should be, (in reality and in gameplay) a strong strategic position.
      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I agree, as much as its a strategy that I use, its an abuse of the game engine, not maintaining the spirit of the game. Using diplos and spys to cut through defenses without a battle is not realistic and is a pseudo-cheat

Comment

Well, our diplomats still deserve protection, u know...

And I think there should be implemented a way to stealth our units in some way! But I recognize that there has been an abuse of diplomats.
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

You can 'stealth' small groups of soldiers like scouts and special forces teams but to all intents and purposes its impossible to stealth a division. I always put the spy unit aggressive options down to an SAS operation rather than 007.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

AH: if you don't like it, then don't use it in a game- The computer doesn't use it, why should you

Urban- he said why it should be stopped- "And YOU accuse HIM of SPAMMING ", sheesh, hypocrite...
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
              X