No announcement yet.

Anybody planning NOT to buy Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, I only d/l illegally when I'm not sure about the game or the people reviewing it. Then, if I like the game, I buy it...otherwise the hard drive is freed up. A good demo can do that "legally" as well. I bought Tropico after playing the generous demo.

However, I never have and encourage people NOT to simply use WAREZ for stuff you actually like and use.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Let me clarify my earlier post: I will be buying civ3 as soon as I can IF it supports win2000. Otherwise, I'll hafta either change to win98 or miss out on civ3

Comment

ok ok , i was sort of joking... Actually i bought Civ 2 and then bought civ 2 MPGE .. i also own a few other games legally.. If i paly them oftem i tend to buy them, but i will defiently be hiring the game for the first few months to make sure i like it before shelling out anothe $100 to buy a civ expansion ....

But if it is good i will buy it eventualyl.... especially if they include free upgrades as part or ownership of registered people.. I hate buying software and then being told i have to buy updates as in Civ 2 to Civ 2 MPGE ...!!!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I'm about 99% sure I'll buy the game as soon as it's posible to buy it here where I come from (Denmark), the 1% unsureness is because if I have heard the game "kills" the computer or something like that, then I proberly wont buy it, it could also be because I'm out of money the day they will release the game
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
            .....I have heard the game "kills" the computer or something ......
            What??

Comment

I don't know how to say it english, let's try it again then

I've heard before about games which makes the computer unable to start normally, so they had to format the HD and reinstall Windows again, if that's the case I surely wont buy it

Comment

I'M MOST DEFINETELY NOT BUYING IT IF IT DOESN"T HAVE FUTURE GAMEPLAY LIKE CTP AND CTP2. Yes i did like those games and they were my first civ games. i didn't really get interested until i got to the modern and later the future ages. I always imagined Civ III to be like CTP but about 3 to 4 times better and of course with future gameplay. I would buy CTP 3 if it ever came out.

Comment

I would be nice to have future gameplay in Civ III, but Personally I think Civ II is better than any CTP power game (2 bad it wont run on my PC )

Comment

I'm sure it will be better, but I'm still not buying it. besides i never said it won't be better did I. I'm just not buying it because it doesn't have future gameplay.

Comment

So far some interesting comments. I must say that from the looks of things, Civ3 will have its fair share of "Buy it no matter what" people, but I'm genuinely surprised at the number of people with a more cautious tone.

Has the gaming community matured or soured? Frankly, there are just too many good games to play these days for a company NOT to go that extra mile...even with Civ? Yes, perhaps, even with Civ.
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Yin, to be fair it must be know as a "social reaction" (or any more appropriate word ) that when someone well know speak, he/she act as a "catalyzator" so some people are "attracted" and agree with him/her.

I mean, opinion about Civ III can't exist in vacuum but someone must have the role to evidence the two main parties: enthusiast and cautious or any other definition you care to use.

Changing the famous quote: "blame any of them, the real game will pick the good from the bad ones"

(p.s. added note: Oh my God, hope I haven't messed up my post with another try of adding humor using my mediocre english )
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Actually, I very much enjoyed your joke!

Comment

Working...
                          X