No announcement yet.

The cost of big populations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a solution but I definietly think that BAB is just as bad a problem as ICS.

Comment

The biggest problem with Bigger and better, is that it is very unrealistic.

In the real world, not many civs have made an empire to last very ong that stretched over multiple continents and still maintained total control over all the people. The British empire was probalby largest of any empire when it comes to the land area controlled and it didnt last that long either..

China is probalby longest lasting empire and it is located solely on one continent..

My point in all this is that civ 2 does not make it harder to maintain a large emoire across the oceans. which it should be.

the citys in civ2 (and civ3) dont represent citys as such in real life , but more like territorys , mini states even. they represent jsut control of certain areas of world...
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I can think of wonders that were continent specific but other than that, oceans didn't come into it. I think that is fair because it shoudl be distance rather than medium that makes a difference, otherwise the victor will be the one lucky enough to start on the largest landmass. The real difficulty of managing an archipelago spanning empire is the need to transport units rather than just build a road network.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
        X