Ideas on airplane movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas on airplane movement

Here are a couple of my ideas on airplane movement.

1. I think that there should be a better system of airplane range than the one there is. I think they should use a range system like the one that was in Deadlock II. A plane could move anywhere within X number of squares from an airport, airbase, or aircraft carrier without crashing and without having to return to the airport/airbase/aircraft carrier. (X depending on movement points.) After all, a turn is 1 year in the modern age, plenty of time to go get some more fuel.

2. I think an airplane or missile unit should be able to fly over the poles and end up on the other side of the planet. Example: If a plane was flying from Alaska to Europe, it would be quicker for it to fly across the North Pole than to go half of the way around the world. Remember that the 2-D Civilization map is actually representating a 3-D world.

Jonny

After all, a turn is 1 year in the modern age, plenty of time to go get some more fuel
    You have to understand that the turns system is the way it is because of the wanting to have technology being learned at it's rightful time.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

all movement becomes unrelaistic in modern era, ships moving only 4-8 squares depending on type, planes flying only 12 sqaures.. yet on railroad a warrior can travel the world..

I guess some things are hard to program for a game that covers 6000 Yrs
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

In CTP 2 you can fly over the poles. Let's hope Civ 3 has it to.

Comment

Working...
        X