Firaxis:Fix population density

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis:Fix population density

There are 2 billion people in China. There are 1.2 billion people in India. But in Civ games, it is impossible to have that many people in an area the size of those respective countries. FIRAXIS, can you please make the population density more accurate and realistic?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Yeah there's also no way you can get around 50 million people, or however many people Japan has, on that tiny little island in world map.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Re: Firaxis:Fix population density

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
      There are 2 billion people in China. There are 1.2 billion people in India. But in Civ games, it is impossible to have that many people in an area the size of those respective countries. FIRAXIS, can you please make the population density more accurate and realistic?
      Just make a real big world map and you can fit the cities. But I really think this is an issue of fun VS realism.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

There are 2 billion people in China. There are 1.2 billion people in India.
        Not quite.

China's National Bureau of Statistics has reported that mainland China's population totaled 1.266 billion [in 2000], an increase of 132 million over the 1990 total.

The total population of India as at 0:00 hours on 1st March 2001 stood at 1,027,015,247 persons.

both from pages reached by asking "what is the population of " on "www.askjeeves.com"

I have no issues with the main point of the post however.

Comment

Just make a real big world map and you can fit the cities. But I really think this is an issue of fun VS realism.
          Or to make it more realistic and fun make a new realistic but still fun population model. Wow, I must be a genius to think of that.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Japan Population

Actually TechWins, as of the early 1990's Tokyo, Japan was the largest city in the world, boasting a pop. of 25 million, and currently the nation, with a landmass about the size of California, has nearly half the population of the United States. And I wholeheartedly agree, the population as well as the productivity need to be more realistic. Real world maps are always ridiculous for WW2 scenarios, because Japan and Britian, two major industrial centers, are too weak compared to countries with room to spread out, say, in africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff the Medio

Not quite.

China's National Bureau of Statistics has reported that mainland China's population totaled 1.266 billion [in 2000], an increase of 132 million over the 1990 total.

The total population of India as at 0:00 hours on 1st March 2001 stood at 1,027,015,247 persons.

both from pages reached by asking "what is the population of " on "www.askjeeves.com"

I have no issues with the main point of the post however.
              Damn know-it-all!! =)
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X