Resources & Luxuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources & Luxuries

OK, some resources have been confirmed, but most are still in the dark.
    (Or have I missed something important)

We know that there will be spice, silk, diamonds, iron, oil, and uranium.
    Are there more?

How about some resources that were important some time or are somewhat disputable. (Ex. Opium was a main import good to china in one time and still produced today.)

OK, I know it's interesting to do speculation but now I would mainly be inerested in finding out the luxuries and resources of CivIII.

Yep. Looking through some of the screenshots, I have seen horses and gems. Wheat is also there, but that just improves the food output of a square. I have also seen gold, coal oil, whale, fish and I am sure I have seen elephant (presumably ivory).
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Obviously our missing the first resource available in the game: Bronze. But there is a small tweak: bronze aint a natural resource, but an alloy of tin an copper.

And how about coal. You cant make steel without coal.

I´m still wandering if you need horses and elephants for mounted units.

Chariots, catapults mostly ships need Wood for construction.

You probably need Bauxiet (aluminium) form building airplanes.

What about Gold and Silver? Comes in handy if u wanna make juwelry.

And Rubber. Unless u wanna continue driving "Flintstone"-cars.

Maybe gravel for making concrete. I read something about needing the proper materials for building city-impr. You cant build a certain Wonder (I believe the World Trade Centre, or was it that other building) without a firm base.

I´ve run out of options right now. Now try to think logical and find some probable resources / luxuries.
      C. Gerhardt
      onorthodox methodes are the way towards victory

Comment

Yes, I've heard rubber mentioned before on civ2. But the other thing is whether you need so many different resources when not required. For example bauxite. Although this would be interesting, a resource that would become available on the discovery of electricity for example (you can then electrolytically extract aluminium from it). But then again, you also need another aluminium mineral, cryolite, for extraction as well...you see how you could overcomplicate things?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Nevertheless, you need bauxiet as a main material for the construction of airplanes.

You dont need all the resources for correctly making the materials.
          C. Gerhardt

Comment

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Check out the upper rght corner and tell us what you can see here
            C. Gerhardt

Comment

I believe that picture is an artists impression rather than a screenshot of the working game. There are ghost images of roads and railways, the units in the city are completely different timescale to the tanks and biplane on the map, etc. I don't think we can infer much about resources definitely in the game from that picture.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

what i see in upper right, going left to right.
                [list=1][*]Deer[*]Elephant[*]Fish[*]Cattle[*]Silver[*]Gold[*]Wheat[*]Wine[*]steel?[*]bronze?[*]??[*]paper?[*]??[*]silk[*]chocolate?[/list=1]
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Good gracious, the sixteen specials!

deer (game), ivory, fish, cattle, gems, ???, wheat, wine,
                  silver?, gold, coal, spice, paper?, dye, textiles, ???

I remember seeing some tire-like specials in a forest in a screenshot. Could be rubber, could have just been poor resolution image of something else... Are there only 16, or is this a best guess based on CivII?
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

there are some luxuries on both sides.

Ivory (elephants i guess)
                    Diamonds

Dye
                    Insence
                    Silk

so im updating my list.
                    [list=1][*]Deer[*]IVORY[*]Fish[*]Cattle[*]Silver[*]Gold[*]Wheat[*]Wine[*]DIAMONDS[*]?[*]Bronze (yes i know its not a fawking natural thing)[*]Spices[*]Paper?[*]?[*]Silk[*]Incense[/list=1]
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

I think oil and uranium are also included

Comment

i know for a fact rubber, steel, and oil are in, because one review said you needed all three to build a tank.

uranium is in becuase i remember nukes need it.

what about wood? or is that just an "assumed" resource?

Comment

Incense? It seems like we will have Monks in CivIII...

or will it be used to make temples and crusaders?

-These questions and more answered (AFTER THE BREAK!)
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I don't know if the top left resource is deer. What kind of resource is that? Increased food? I would guess its a horse. We've seen horses on the regular game map, maybe its an old bmp of the horse resource, horses have been valuable since ancient times in the Old World. As soon as the Spanish landed, the Plains Indians quickly took advatage of them as well. Hopefully the bmp will change though, thats one ugly horse.

Here's a link to Firaxis' site which shows horses next to Berlin, a city in the lower left.

Firaxis Screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                              I don't know if the top left resource is deer. What kind of resource is that? Increased food? I would guess its a horse. We've seen horses on the regular game map, maybe its an old bmp of the horse resource, horses have been valuable since ancient times in the Old World. As soon as the Spanish landed, the Plains Indians quickly took advatage of them as well. Hopefully the bmp will change though, thats one ugly horse.

Here's a link to Firaxis' site which shows horses next to Berlin, a city in the lower left.

Firaxis Screenshot
                              Heres the Baltimore screen. Notice the 'horse' you're speaking of next to the elephant.

I'm pretty sure thats a llama. Those were pretty important in South American countries I hear.

Ioanes
                              Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                              http://john.jfreaks.com
                              -The Artist Within-

Comment

Working...
                              X