They've got answers...we've got questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've got answers...we've got questions

So with all this talk about the game coming out...lets say the last few months of the year. Anyway the point of that being the game is almost complete and so then what about beta testing? Is it still going to be open? I would think if its near completion then it would be close to time to beta test.

All we have now is the game is about 85% complete two week ago. (E-3 show).

Comment

And not long before they said it was 50%. So check out what these figures are worth.

Comment

...and why-why-why??? only an update a month on the official site...barely.

Comment

I suppose they will tell us the release date, and information about beta testing in the next game update. Hopefully.
          Alex

Comment

You know, I really can't see a "public beta" happening. It just wouldn't suit Firaxis' style. Can you really see Sid, the self-appointed god himself, letting one of his products out for everybody to evaluate, and then get feedback from them? I can't. Sid thinks he's immortal, and I can't see him wanting feedback from people (the gamers) who obviously know far less about gamming than he.

Sorry, I'm in a nagative mood this afternoon.
            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L
              And not long before they said it was 50%. So check out what these figures are worth.
              Yeah, they must use lot of cocaine - sorry, I meant caffeine - to keep the team up working all night (*)

Sure, I used to manage I.T. projects: percentage of job completion worth nothing

Do you know the old said: "it take 80% of effort to make 80% of job, then it take the other 80% to finish the remaining 20%"?

(*) Disclaimer: mine is a joke, not intended to suggested Firaxis people abuse of drugs or anything
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
              X