Surrender!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrender!

My question is, will nations surrender when facing certain death at the hands of a stronger opponent like in SMAC? I do hope so. If so, what advancements could be made on this. In SMAC, submissive civs cannot declare war on you (excluding major atrocities) and generally do as they are told (give techs, money, etc). What do you reckon? Should there be an attempt for a submissive civ to break away from the indentured nature of their pact if they amass enough force that they think they can withstand the might of the victor? An interesting thought...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Im sure this will be included in the new advanced diplomacy.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Re: Surrender!

YEAH, just like Japan following their capitulation (WW2) ...
      - went for a economic / tech advantage today competing with their victor USA .

This should be possible for submissive civs, but maybe
      then a boolean flag could deny production of other than defensive units for that particular civ...

Comment

This whole 'surrender' topic has been discussed in some detail before. Check out the following thread:

"'Surrender' options in Civ3?"
        Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
        Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkuul
          This whole 'surrender' topic has been discussed in some detail before. Check out the following thread:

"'Surrender' options in Civ3?"
          This is a game, so I would never surrender.

Comment

PH-
            My answer is- Yes. Please implement immediately.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Good option for computers.

But I'm sure no humans will ever do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MORON
                Good option for computers.

But I'm sure no humans will ever do it.
                Of course not. Surrender = "Start new game." If you gotta go, go down fighting!

Comment

Originally posted by Earwicker
                  Of course not. Surrender = "Start new game." If you gotta go, go down fighting!
                  Nonsense! Check out the thread I mentioned in an earlier post -- click on this link: 'Surrender' options in Civ3?

In the right circumstances, surrendering could allow the possibility of later revenge, instead of just sitting around waiting to be slaughtered!
                  Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
                  Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

but when has an experienced civ player EVER lost to the AI?

Personally, I would never surrender, but it might be useful to someone else

Comment

Well I've never lost to the AI. I just quit when I'm in imminent danger of destruction .

But anyway, I agree, I don't really think many humans would surrender, but an AI should have that capability for sure. When a country accepts a surrender, they don't really have the plan of milking the country for all it's worth, they usually just take war damages, then occupy the country until a stable government was established. If a country is looking for a new state, then it really wouldn't accept surrender, it would just keep fighting.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." -- Commisioner Pravin Lal, U.N. Declaration of Rights
                      "A ship at sea is its own world. To be captain of that ship is to be the sole and absolute ruler of that world." -- Colonel Corozan Santiago

Comment

could be useful for MP games!!
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                        X