New Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video

Bekijk je tv-programma's, films en series rechtstreeks live of uitgesteld in replay, raadpleeg je tv-gids en geniet van exclusieve inhoud over sport, films, series ... Proximus Pickx is beschikbaar op al je schermen: pc, smartphone, tablet en tv.

Not... that interesting, perhaps. But Ghandi (Indians!), the nice intro, some info on continent generation... You see what you can get out of it. 3 and a half minutes.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

I cant watch it, I t doesn't want to download here...

can someone write up about the most interesting fatures?
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I have now looked at the video, and one thing that worries me is the general lack of emphasize on coastal cities. In order to achieve more efficient terrain-use, one must start out by founding mostly coastal-cities, then working inwards. This together with just a tad too spaced-out cities, leads to rather inefficiently used land-areas - especially when playing on small to mediumsized islands.

Now, admittedly: I dont know exactly how hard it is to crank out Civ-2 style 20, 30 or even 50 cities empires. I expect it a lot harder; partly as a result of settlers being much more pop-costly & precious then in Civ-2.

If around 15-20 founded cities is a practical upper max-limit in Civ-3, then perhaps its not so important to have them shoulder-by-shoulder anymore - at least not on bigger continents. Also, the colonies even out the need for the latter approach, I guess.

Nevertheless: Firaxis should at least emphasize coastal cities a little more. There was too few of them in that video.

Comment

When I try to watch the film I only get the sounds and darkness where this supposed to be a film
        Last edited by Henrik; June 12, 2001, 14:21.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
          I have now looked at the video, and one thing that worries me is the general lack of emphasize on coastal cities.
          I think that the very nature of the trade system will result in a natural emphasis on costal cities. Only costal cities will be able to connect trade wise with cities on other continents (using harbors). We all know that trade is going to be a big deal in civ3 so costal cities will naturally be a big deal as well. Plus, since trade is so important, it also stands to prove that control of the seas is critical as well (Alfred Mahan, anyone?) so building up navies will also be very important.

Now, admittedly: I dont know exactly how hard it is to crank out Civ-2 style 20, 30 or even 50 cities empires. I expect it a lot harder; partly as a result of settlers being much more pop-costly & precious then in Civ-2.
          From what i've seen, I think firaxis has gone the extra mile to make sure ICS dies and stays dead. I guess we can thus assume that fewer, well placed, well spaced out cities will be the name of the game in civ3.

-Nadexander

Comment

If around 15-20 founded cities is a practical upper max-limit in Civ-3, then perhaps its not so important to have them shoulder-by-shoulder anymore - at least not on bigger continents. Also, the colonies even out the need for the latter approach, I guess.
            You're forgetting about 16 civs on the same map...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You're forgetting about 16 civs on the same map...
              Yeah, I saw something about Civ III allowing us to have 16 civs on one map, in the WARGAMER PREVIEW snippet that was in the Civ III news:
              ...The Wargamer has posted a preview of all games at E3, with Civilization 3 getting a write up as well...

...Civilization III will feature 16 civilizations out of the box and current plans are that all 16 will be playable on the same map, either as human multi-player opponents or quite adept Artificial Intelligence (AI).
              Now, seeing as that's the only time I've seen it written that there will be 16 civs active in the game at any one time, I have to conclude Wargamer have spooned the job and got the wrong end of the stick.

I reckon it'll be 7 civs max with 16 to choose from at the start.

(Back on topic) I haven't DLed the vid yet, so I can't really add my comments about that.
              Last edited by JosefGiven; June 12, 2001, 16:06.
              A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

I heard that if you play the video at 1/4 speed, you can catch a glimpse of Egyptian ruler, Cleopatra, in the buff. Also, you can see a little preview of the American special unit -- the pop star -- and faintly hear someone murmuring "Sid Meier Rules..." in the background.

Just a few Easter Eggs they tossed in there, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JosefGiven
                  I reckon it'll be 7 civs max with 16 to choose from at the start.
                  Firaxis hasn't denied anything yet, nor confirmed it, so my thoughts are that the wargamer preview got it right when they said "current plans". It wouldn't make much sense for Firaxis to let us get excited and then disappoint us.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    Firaxis hasn't denied anything yet, nor confirmed it, so my thoughts are that the wargamer preview got it right when they said "current plans". It wouldn't make much sense for Firaxis to let us get excited and then disappoint us.
                    Hmm, I've seen many Apolytonites quote/suggest/theorise that there will be 7 civs max playable per game. I'd LOVE to be wrong though.
                    A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Working...
                    X