Snapcase's Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapcase's Pictures

Judging from the radar array on the alleged cruiser and the armament on the alleged Aegis cruiser, the labels should be switched.

Said Pictures

Good work, Snapcase. A belated happy birthday to you.

A shame you could not track down any of the aircraft images, it would be nice to see if the Americans and Russians are the only ones with special air power.

Still not sold on the idea of civ-specific units (sniff).
    A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

the last pic, captioned

"Guess: again, a tank. You tank historians will have to help in identifying this one."

my guess is a Mech Inf.

the barrel on the unit doesnt seem very large at all.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

One was definitely Mech. Inf. The other one looked like some sort of French tank, which I recognise from Panzer General...now there is an interesting revelation for you
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Lemme guess, something in the "news" that I missed again because of the light version?
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Thanks, Snapcase!

I do have a guess for your 'no clue'-unit: doesn't it look suspiciously like a Gladiator unit?
            Or maybe the Roman special unit?
            Hasdrubal's Home.
            Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

OK, I presume the Aztec unit would be an Eagle Warrior as well.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                the last pic, captioned

"Guess: again, a tank. You tank historians will have to help in identifying this one."

my guess is a Mech Inf.

the barrel on the unit doesnt seem very large at all.
                It's a M2/3 Bradley IFV

IFV = Infantry Fighting Vehicle = Mechanized Infantry

I would actually put a monetary bet that its the Mech Inf. assuming Firaxis is calling such units the same Civ2 names in Civ3

Comment

that 'no-clue' unit. looks like a standard swordsman to me with basic leather armour. I doubt it is a roman legion: small shield, leather armour. I am intriged.

That diplomat looks weird, or he is a juggler

Great work Snapcase!

Comment

I've seen them before

I think that these pictures, and the names, were first posted in a thread for 'a long time ago'.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Leaper
                      that 'no-clue' unit. looks like a standard swordsman to me with basic leather armour. I doubt it is a roman legion: small shield, leather armour.
                      We know it isn't a roman legion, as that unit has been shown in the resource sideshow at the official site. I guess it might be a non Roman Legion. That the civs that can't build the roman Legion have.

Comment

I found it!

The old thread is here!

Comment

The next to last unit is the Bradley, on that I agree.

The last unit, the one below the abrams, titled "again, a tank. You tank historitans..." It is a French tank, of WWI manufatrure called the Renault FT-17, which acutally saw service during both World Wars.

Comment

I think the aztec warrior is a jaguar warrior, the dress doesn't look like eagle warrior.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Quite a lot has happened since I did these- a lot of the labels are inaccurate.

I'm doing an updated version with more of the new units (some of which have only appeared in other screenshots), should be done soon.
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                              X