Gotta get them bronze deposits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta get them bronze deposits!!

"This means that an area you ignored or gave to the Phoenicians (in return for some wicked-cool bronze deposits) may turn out to someday be rich in oil or uranium. Surprise!"

LOL!! I hope they don't include plastic deposits in late game!!
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Maybe Civ3 includes dwarves, who mine all the metals and secretly replace them with alloys...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

bah.

gave to the Phoenicians
      giving land?

dammit, what kind of ruler are you.

ALL THE LAND IS MINE.

the other civs are my tenants.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

3 to 1 odds it's Game-Revolution's mistake and not Firaxis'. Also: why does the preview mention "nanotech-wielding"? Such things were in SMAC, but not Civ II, as far as I can recall.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          giving land?

dammit, what kind of ruler are you.
          Ever heard of understatements? He meant of course "traded", or "exchanged".

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
            Maybe Civ3 includes dwarves, who mine all the metals and secretly replace them with alloys...
            Ah, so they've taken a page from ToT? Civ3 will have layered underground maps as well!
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

What kind of squired up thread and replies are these?
              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Maybe Civ III should let you build cities in the sky.

What kind of squired up thread and replies are these?
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

i quite like this idea, it would be fun to have traded land to some poor civ only to find out it it is richest in later years, bit like the mid east now, no body wanted to settle those areas so left the major powers left them to the nomads, now look at how welathy they have become, rich enough to buy weopons to protect themselves from losing what they have...
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Rasputin, the point is that Bronze is an alloy of Copper and Tin, and thus doesn't exist in natural deposits
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Acctually,its pretty astounishing if you ask around how many people DON'T know that Bronze is a alloy...I ask them where Bronze is found and they ask "where?". Pitifull really...If Sid meier makes an oversight like this,my respect points will drop quite a bit for him.So he'll move from "As close as mortal man will ever get to God" to "Up there with Buddha and Ghandi"...*L*
                      "Battle is a combination of all your skills,therefore,to be excellent at battle is to be excellent at life"-Me

Comment

while we're at it, what is titanium made of? and I hope we get some in civ3

Comment

Titanium's made of titanium. It's element #22.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I had a history teacher who thought you could mine steel.
                            I not only dream in colour, I dream in 32-bit colour.

Comment

I thought there was a titanium alloy?

And are you saying titanium is a natural resource? how come its only been found recently?

Comment

Working...
                              X