Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will FIRAXIS force me to buy two copies of Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will FIRAXIS force me to buy two copies of Civ III?

I'm looking forward to play Civ III at home with my brother, and as we have a LAN I hope that there will be a way to play multiplayer in the LAN with one game. Otherwise I've to consider playing Hotseat even thou the computers are three meters from each other. And when I get tired, I'll maybe buy another copy, not to big loss as I have to buy my own when I'm finished with the school at home anyway...
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

You will probably be able to download a crach from www.gamecopyworld.com . These cracks are only supposed to be used to make backup copies of the original for the person who purchased the product. Anyway you can download the crack, fallow the instructions to apply it and then burn a copy.

Comment

Alpha Centauie allowed you to do a full install which did not require a CD, so maybe CIV III will have the same option.

Comment

PLEASE!?!!?!?

*dainbramaged makes bambi eyes and smiles so cutely firaxis can''t refuse*

ps. we need a bambi eyes smilie
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

A lot of games are taking the middle ground, which discourages a lot of casual pirating.

the middle ground is when they require the cd for most things, but if you fire it up without the cd, the only option available is to "join a multiplayer game"

this seems to be a fair compromise.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Of course you will have to buy two copies of CivIII. One at full price when it first comes out, and another at almost full price when the expansion comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh
              Alpha Centauie allowed you to do a full install which did not require a CD, so maybe CIV III will have the same option.
              And then reportedly reverse-engineered the game in SMAX so that you had to have the CD in the drive to run, even if just using SMAC. Hopefully, not a Firaxis trend.

PS I've been hunting for SMAX, anyone who knows of where to purchase it or has one to sell, please private message my Apolyton account.

Comment

I'm also play LAN with my brother and it's annoying because we have to put the cd in one computer to start it up then put the cd in the other computer. One of the few good things about SMAC was the complete install as mentioned.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh
                  If that feature is inI'll do fine
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                  X