Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumbold
    I say your opinion doesn't matter either
    Maybe not, but the thing the matter is that Civ I had more cool features then Civ II, as a cool review, newspaper headlines and other cool stuff.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Bump, bump, bump

Read column#172 at http://apolyton.net/misc/column/172_civ3.shtml.

Then vote if you haven't already.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        Maybe not, but the thing the matter is that Civ I had more cool features then Civ II, as a cool review, newspaper headlines and other cool stuff.
        Having played both civ and civ2 for a considerable period of time, I would say that is total crap. Civ was a damn sight less user friendly and intuitive, diplomacy was minimalistic and had far fewer techs, improvements, etc.

Nostalgically speaking, civ had some things I liked in hindsight, the backdrops to the leaders, stuff like that. Although civ2 didn't have these per se, they were just done in a different way. Civ2 was the superior game, just because of the refinements made to it. Civ was a game that needed updating, and it was. Civ2 is the same now, needs updating, invigorating. Too many people demand a total overhaul of the game, but that was never done for civ2. Most of the changes were cosmetic, user interface, or peripheral (ie, not the core of the game functioning but other important features; combat system, more techs, wonders, improvements). I think it is shaping up well; they aren't too radically changing the thing, it is still the same game mechanics underneath but polished up further and the gameplay more refined. They are adding to one real important part, interaction, whether in terms of diplomacy or trade, something that lacked in civ1 and civ2. So yeah, I think they are making damn fine progress IMO.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bump, bump, bump

In light of more recent information about Civ 3, I just thought I'd bump this poll to the top again in case anyone hasn't voted yet.
          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
          X