Civ 2: 28 Wonders
    Civ 3: 12 (unconfirmed)

Civ 2: 7 Government Types
    Civ 3: 7 (unconfirmed)

Civ 2: 32 Terrain Types
    Civ 3: ???

Civ 2: 21 Civs
    Civ 3: 16 (confirmed!)

Most of the information is actually currently correct, except Firaxis will proberly change it in the future.
    Last edited by Alex 14; June 4, 2001, 02:17.
    Alex

I heard 82 advances from the guy who bothered to count them on the video or something. Also, 16 civs are confirmed. Where did you hear about the units?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, the numberof units seems much too low, ToT had 80. And Civ3 needs already at least 16 unique units, if not more.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
        Yeah, the numberof units seems much too low, ToT had 80. And Civ3 needs already at least 16 unique units, if not more.
        True dat
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I heard there will be 60 units from a review (ign i think), but i doubt this will include unique ones. Also you may notice that less stuff is avalible in civ 3 because it will be shorter than other civ games.
          Alex

Comment

82 is confirmed by firaxis according to video (at least during the stage it was at when the video was shown. I would bet that the advances system is complete)
            If you guys are right, that should make 60 reg. units and 16 unique = 76 total units (a respectable number. although i would prefer more, especially in the modern age, that is up to mod makers )
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I read in a preview that there will be 36 wonders of the world (I think it was the june issue of PC Gamer).
              We shall go on till the end,
              We shall fight in France,
              We shall fight on the seas and oceans,
              We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
              We shall defend our island,
              Whatever the cost may be,
              We shall fight on the beaches,
              We shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
              We shall fight in the hills,
              We shall NEVER surrender.

(Winston Churchill)

Comment

Originally posted by King Richard
                I read in a preview that there will be 36 wonders of the world (I think it was the june issue of PC Gamer).
                Thankfully, only 12 of them is traditional major Wonders. The rest: 24 is "mini-wonders" available for every Civ, depending on playing-style. Marine mini-wonders only if you build many ships, and so on.

Comment

I think I've read somewhere (this maybe should be in my signature) that one government will be removed (Fundamentalism), one added (Nationalism), and the rest unchanged. That makes it probably still 7 (not confirmed).
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

"I heard there will be 60 units from a review (ign i think), but i doubt this will include unique ones. Also you may notice that less stuff is avalible in civ 3 because it will be shorter than other civ games."

Could you elaborate on that for me? (that civ3 will be shorter)
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by vgriph
                      I think I've read somewhere (this maybe should be in my signature) that one government will be removed (Fundamentalism), one added (Nationalism), and the rest unchanged. That makes it probably still 7 (not confirmed).
                      I think I heard this too, confirmed by a spokesperson for Firaxis.

Also: I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll do it again here. Some people have pointed out that Firaxis has implicitly admitted that each civ will have 1 unique unit, but: the Americans are confirmed as having the F-15 as a unique unit, and the Abrams tank is confirmed as a game unit. The Abrams tank is a 100% American tank, and I don't think that Firaxis will force it on every civ. Therefore: I would put forward that the Americans have at least 2 unique units, implying that every civ has multiple unique units.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hope so!
                        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                          "I heard there will be 60 units from a review (ign i think), but i doubt this will include unique ones. Also you may notice that less stuff is avalible in civ 3 because it will be shorter than other civ games."

Could you elaborate on that for me? (that civ3 will be shorter)
                          Sure. Sid Meier Anounced that Civ 2 was not intense enough; effectivly meaning that civ 3 will be shorter, i may actually be wrong, because he said that about 6 months ago, besides there will only be 17 modern age advances. Ofcourse i don't mean a lot shorter, just not longer. About 50 turns shorter i believe.
                          Alex

Comment

Recent previews have said nothing about shortening the game, I seem to recall a preview saying that 600-650 turns are in the game (whichever it is, it was the same number as Civ2). I don't think that gamelength is going to be shortened. Making the game more intense just means that your decisions mean more and that each turn will probably take you more time as strategy and production decisions are more important in Civ3. I think that the number of researchable techs has little influence on the game, only effecting the more advanced users who regularly play at Emperor and Deity level with ease. A lot of the posters on this board recetly have claimed to be playing at moderate difficulty levels. I think with that in mind, increasing the number of techs wouldn't change the game much, for the majority of players that is, not the elite.

Comment

16 Civ's is retarded... the more the merrier!!!

I'm also very disappointed that the game will not go past the modern age.... soooo gay.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X