No announcement yet.

Wonder, who build them, you our the AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder, who build them, you our the AI?

I don't believed anyone has touch on this yet. In CTP 1 & 2, the first Civ to make a discovery that allow a wonder to be built, can start building it.
    In Civ 2, all of the AIs can make the discovery that allow a wonder to be built, but cannot start to build it until you the human make the necessary discovery.
    So what do all of you think, should we the human have all of changes to build first, or should the AI be allow to build wonder when they make the necessary discovery?
    Last edited by Guest; June 2, 2001, 19:38.

In Civ 2, all of the AIs can make the discovery that allow a wonder to be built, but cannot start to build it until you the human make the necessary discovery.
    not true. the AI almost always starts the hanging gardens before i get pottery whenever i play on diety
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

AI wonders

What always ticked me off was that after I built the Manhattan project in Civ 2 any civilisation could start building nuclear weapons. After I did all the work . . .
      I hope in Civ 3 the AIs will have to do their own work to get nuclear technology.
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

OK. However I just finnish a game on Warlord today and the AI had to wait for me.

Comment

They didn't have to wait, they were just always behind you because warlord is easy.

Shoeless

Comment

In Alpha Centauri on the first two levels the AI had to wait until the human player got the technology to build the wonder before they could start building it, even if they already had the technology, but I don't think this was in Civ2. I think it should be implemented in Civ3, but only for the easiest level.

Comment

Yes but if they had to wait for you in the higher levels that would be LAME and unrealistic. That's part of what pissed me off about the games is when the civs kept getting the wonders done just before I could. Of course when I smoke them in the end it feels better but hey.

Comment

Re: AI wonders

Originally posted by Anatolia
                What always ticked me off was that after I built the Manhattan project in Civ 2 any civilisation could start building nuclear weapons. After I did all the work . . .
                I hope in Civ 3 the AIs will have to do their own work to get nuclear technology.
                I think it will be a minor Wonder, that all civs have to build.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

First in first served...seems fair to me.
                  "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                  --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

In Civilization 2, the AI often start building a wonder BEFORE I get the apropriate technology to do so (except in the case of The Manhattan Project). The Manhattan Project will be a minor wonder in Civilization 3 (everyone has to build it to be able to produce nuclear weapons).

In Alpha Centauri this is also true. I've often experienced that the AI start building a wonder before I have the technology to do so.

If you're always playing on the easier difficulty-levels, it's not strange that the AI has to wait for the human-player to get the apropriate technology, because they will wait quite some time before they start building a wonder, besides you're usually much more technologically advanced than the AI.
                    We shall go on till the end,
                    We shall fight in France,
                    We shall fight on the seas and oceans,
                    We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
                    We shall defend our island,
                    Whatever the cost may be,
                    We shall fight on the beaches,
                    We shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
                    We shall fight in the hills,
                    We shall NEVER surrender.

(Winston Churchill)

Comment

One thing I'm irritated on, at the harder levels, is that you get information on whatever civ is producing a wonder. I like Civ I more as nothing were said at any level of difficulty. The AI could build a wonder without you notice anything.
                      I suggest that you need an embassy to be able to know what wonder(s) a civ is constructing.

Comment

in civ 1, the AI didnt build wonders, they were "given" them. Sid admitted that in the civ 2 manual.

"The AI players now have to build wonders like everyone else"
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                          in civ 1, the AI didnt build wonders, they were "given" them. Sid admitted that in the civ 2 manual.

"The AI players now have to build wonders like everyone else"
                          That's not the point. The point is that I want't the messages as "Egyptians have undertakenen a great Project: Pryramids" removed in hard levels.

Comment

Re: Wonder, who build them, you or the AI?

Originally posted by joseph1944
                            Absolutely not true. Can't tell you how many times the computer's built Sun Tzu while I didn't have feudalism.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Maybe you should stop playing on Chieftain Joseph. Start trying the harder levels.
                              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                              X