No announcement yet.

How many People used Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been involved in many nuclear conflicts in Civ2. To put it mildly, it wasn't pretty.

Though, if used wisely, nukes can be very useful.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I over used Nukes in Civ II. They were way too powerful and became necessary in many situations. And once you had SDIs there really wasn't much reason not too. Something needs to be done and what has been proposed, I would be for.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Once you have your most valuable cities protected and you know your eniemies don't have SDI, its bombs away.

Comment

It looks like only 15% of the people don't use Nukes. This makes since because if you are attacked and you have the capility to strike back it seems logical you would.

Comment

I never used nukes in CivII; I once used one in CivI: Alexander backstabbed me and sank a valuable troop transport (3 units lost) , so, as a retaliation, I nuked Athens. I noted, however, that it wasn´t worth it in terms of global pollution, and never again used a nuke.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I always nuked them when the sunk my transports with men in them. Hated that.

Comment

Well, personally I hope that Civ3 has much steeper penalties for the use of nukes. In the prior CIV's it was too easy to get a lot of nukes and just destroy all the otehr Civ's and then win the game before the global pollution got to be too much of a problem.

Edit: I have now reached the elevated status of Warlord!!!
                DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

It seems every one on this thread has some emotional problems when it comes to losing those troop transports! Retaliation by nuking is okay, but nukes work best when ya plan it out thoroughly in advance. I figure if you're sending troop transports, you're probably at war. And if you're at war, why not launch? One of the dirtiest tricks in CTP is to build a ton of underwater bases and nuke everyone at once. Combine your nukes with strip mining on the surface, and you'll have so much polution that all the land cities get submerged. There's nothing more refreshing than drinking some Canadian whiskey while watching your enemy's cities get sunk.

Comment

Well your idea about sending the earth to hell might work but at a price. Some people try not to use nukes but alot of used troops and unsuccesful attacks might make them use the ultime weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Conquesticus
                      I figure if you're sending troop transports, you're probably at war. And if you're at war, why not launch?
                      Nah; first, I always try to play as realistically as possible. Second, in that particular game I was at war with the Chinese, not the Greeks. The Chinese had as many nukes as I, so I didn´t want to escalate. The Greeks were totally backward, they had just figured out the steam engine and used it to sink a transport that was critical for my war effort against the Chinese. So I didn´t nuke the Chinese, but I did nuke Athens!
                      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I mostly only nuke ships, effective and no pollution

Comment

In the WW2 senoiro u could just nuke hitler fleet right of the sea.

Comment

Working...
                          X