Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manofthehour
    Mabey that could be a new technology or wonder. The ability to find out wither or not a nuke had been launched at you and than respond. As for the nukes with the bombers you could auto order you bombers to launch there nukes.

Also for diplomacy I think you should be able to make a pact with 4 or more civs saying, if anyone one uses Nukes we will all declear war.
    I like your ideas!!!

I think that there should be different advances for nukes, like the first advance would require you to drop the nuke on them, and the second advance would be that you could launch a nuke from a nuclear silo or something for intercontinental warfare!!!
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

In CTP2 so could threaten to 1.Embargo 2. Destroy a city 3. Declear war. If they have threat in CIV3 use Nukes should be a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by manofthehour
        In CTP2 so could threaten to 1.Embargo 2. Destroy a city 3. Declear war. If they have threat in CIV3 use Nukes should be a threat.
        I think they are considered a threat now!!!
        "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Nukes should definitely create more options in the diplomacy screen. Nukes are such unbalancing factors in the real world and in the game that diplomacy should be changed by their existence as well.

Comment

Nukes in Space?? i.e. on satellites. Multiple nukes could be held up aimed at specific cities and fired as soon as the enemy nukes are fired this way you might destroy the enemy nuke while it's still in enemy space.
            Also: Bushes SDI defense system. Anyone know what this actually is?

Or maybe The Civ3 teams gone into a flowery phase in life and have decided that nukes shouldn't be in the game.

Thermo nuclear warheads : Lets cause some earthquakes babee!!
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I can't wait unit FIRAXIS shows us the first pict of a city getting blown up by a nuclear warhead!!!

Comment

Nuclear explosions should be BIG not as big as SMAC. Also the cracking world thing would be good. Maybe not great chasms appearring but maybe creating a crater. hills leveled , plains turned into deserts that sort of stuff. Cities should also lose a load of buildings and SDI defenses should only work 40 - 50% of the time.
                Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Well I think that there needs to be a defence to the nukes that you know will work. The explostions should show the destrution they cause. They should be able to change the squares aroung them.

Comment

There should be a defense!!! But we won't know until FIRAXIS tells us!!!

Comment

It's too simple to build nukes - first you should have to build a silo in the city that you want to produce the nuke (oppose to manhatton project), then have access to plutoium; which should be rare (trade - last civ 3 update), and finally permission from the united nations (if avalible).

Defence Suggestion: SDI defece should provied 50% city defence, Anti Ballistic Missiles Base should provied an extra 50% and you could bargain gold amounts in exchange for a cease fire against the attack for a limited time.

Global Warming: Global warming should have a more intense affect on the terrain as meantioned before. As well as doing permanant damage to the city and destroying some buildings.

Finally spies should be abel to propose nuclear threats towards cities and demand large sums of money.
                      Alex

Comment

Well I think that the United Nations should proved kinda of a blessing. If you don't get this blessing than other civs should be mad it you. Also I assuming that Nukes will need a good because all of them do. the good that the Nukes need would be quite the Monoply indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                          It's too simple to build nukes - first you should have to build a silo in the city that you want to produce the nuke (oppose to manhatton project), then have access to plutoium; which should be rare (trade - last civ 3 update), and finally permission from the united nations (if avalible).

Defence Suggestion: SDI defece should provied 50% city defence, Anti Ballistic Missiles Base should provied an extra 50% and you could bargain gold amounts in exchange for a cease fire against the attack for a limited time.

Global Warming: Global warming should have a more intense affect on the terrain as meantioned before. As well as doing permanant damage to the city and destroying some buildings.

Finally spies should be abel to propose nuclear threats towards cities and demand large sums of money.
                          I like your ideas!!!

I think that plutonium should be a resource that you would need to make a nuclear warhead. Also, you would need to build a nuclear silo to hold the nuclear warhead in. Maybe you could be a nuclear silo outside your cities, but in your borders!!! (Kinda of like an Area 51)

Comment

Originally posted by java4me
                            I can't wait unit FIRAXIS shows us the first pict of a city getting blown up by a nuclear warhead!!!

Thats da reason we must always test them when playing!
                            Its da darka side of us men, seeing that nice gloomy mosharoom!

Just like him Truman and his friends... but they didn't play da CIV, they killed many children who is now in their grave and cannot play CIV3, how bad !

And if the USA-CCCP coldwar escalated, BOOM, you wouldn't sit here, Sid would be a gone... -you would never ever have played CIV , think about it!!!

Comment

No one ever said they wanted 2 nuke the world. There is a diffrence.

Comment

Maybe FIRAXIS will post something next month on nukes, since they haven't really mentioned anything about nukes yet!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X