Do we need these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need these?

maybe it's just me, but i believe that some, if not most, of these suggestions are one-sided, and may go against the majority.

i'm placing my trust in firaxis, and whetever they dont put in, the modders will.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

These forums are read by Firaxians, and many improvements to the game have been made after suggestions by "ordinary" people. If the game were made only forum the ideas of Sid we probably would see a new version of Civ I . In fact Jeff Morris has asked the apolytoners of help on some issues.

If you don't believe me search for posts made by members that the name contains FIRAXIS.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i understand that, but there are some people here making far out ideas that almost seem "un-civ".

just keeping our imagination in check, don't want to ruin the game i already pre-ordered.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If you remember 'The List', there were really faaaaar off ideas in there... On the other hand, essential civIII concepts like borders, the importance of culture, stacked combat, trade, strategical goods etc. were all suggested by the fans. While most of them were logical extensions of the original Civilization, and had to make their way into civIII some way or the other, I think that fans, and especially Apolytoners did influence firaxis a lot. If that wasn't the case, why would Dan FIR. have opened a thread asking suggestions on editing tools???

It might not be a good idea to suggest things NOW, though
        'We note that your primitive civil-^
        ization has not even discovered^
        $RPLC1. Do you care^
        to exchange knowledge with us?'^
        _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
        _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by bagdar
          It might not be a good idea to suggest things NOW, though
          No, now we are only commenting to increase post counts so that when Civ III comes out we are all old time ACSers.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Yeah, it is far too late for any suggestion to suddendly be incorporated in the game at this late stage. That is not to say that previous suggestions have not been adopted . All we can to is speculate about the game on the limited info we have, and start devising new theoritical strategies

Let the fun begin...
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
            X