Randomise city naming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX
    the American cities of Washington, Ulundi, Valencia, and Nanking.

It'd confuse the heck out of the enemy though, wouldn't it!
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph1944
      I agree with leaving the Cities name to the country that they are located in. (As a joke more than anything London was started by the Romans, plus a lot of other cities as you guys have said.)
      There were established tribal settlements on the site of London in pre-Roman times. Artifacts have been found that show evidence of habitation and hunting since Paleolithic times and a consistent pattern of inhabitation for a least the last 15,000 years. Julius Caesar makes mention of the dense population of natives in the area in his writings in 55 BC. That the Romans were the first to lay proper roads and foundations for their buildings is almost certain. This probably holds true for everywhere that the Romans - and earlier the Greeks, of course - conquered and established cities. Anywhere with plentiful water and other advantages would already have been settled..... Much too much factual nonsense for rebutting your little witticism

The suggestion that the most famous few names be static then the rest (at least for the AI) randomised is an excellent one.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

If anyone of you noticed, SMAC had a randomization of city names function, and I'd expect that to return, unless Firaxis has caught a bout of Ulundi fever.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Though I can't see how it should be done, I like the idea of randomization. Let the realization be the work of Firaxis.

Then again, if this can be realized, for my own CIV I still would like to have the possibility of being able to change the names of the cities.
          Usually I name cities in a "coordinated"way. Cities in the north of my civ are given northern european names, in the south southern etc.. Whenever I get a messages "sus or so is happening hither or thither" I will instantly know where things are happening. Okay it needs some topograhpical knowledge but it certainly is handy with the orientation on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstrike
            If anyone of you noticed, SMAC had a randomization of city names function, and I'd expect that to return, unless Firaxis has caught a bout of Ulundi fever.
            huh? Ulundi fever?

Comment

Working...
            X