Where are the snow capped mountains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the snow capped mountains?

From the screenshots we've seen, there don't seem to be any. Maybe we just haven't seen those parts of the game world yet.

Surely there will be snowy mountains in Civ3?
    If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

If, at the end of the day, our only problem with CIV III is a shortage of snow capped mountains, it'll no doubt be a great game.

I suspect there will be snow mountains, but it doesn't worry me either way to be honest.

Its not liking skiing is in the game or anything...
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

WHAT???

NO SNOW??? I don't believe it. Thats just wrong! How will alpine troops get aroudn without snow! This is a disaster. I refuse to buy civ3 if it does not include snow. and pizza. definetly if it doesn't include pizza.
      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Skiing in Civ! (serious thread on tourism)

Originally posted by Sean
        Its not liking skiing is in the game or anything...
        who says skiing isn't in...
        Skiing tech should be an arts tech that is optional to discover. Once discovered, any civ with snow capped mountains within the borders, connected by road to its cities, will receive a trade boost or gold per turn to simulate tourists proping up the economy!
        In fact, this will make tourism a viable game strategy in the modern age!

This should also be extended to natural wonders like Uluru (Aires rock) in Australia. All you have to do is build a road to it, have it within the borders, and discover the relevant tech (for natural wonders, flight will probably make sense to simulate the ability for mass tourism form other continents) and BANG! you get gold and trade! YEEHA!

By the way, this thread is deadly serious. Tourism in the modern age really is a way that many banana republics get by...

Comment

pshaw.

banna republics probably count as barbarians rather than real civs. How dare you imply that they have a similarity to the mighty carthaginian empire!
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Actually, I kinda started this thread as a bit of a joke, but reading what Gammeray Fan had to say, I've changed my mind a bit!

Tourism is important in this day and age, and considering Civ3's "culture" aspect, it's something that would seem to make a lot of sense to include for the modern age.

But it's probably to late to inlcude in the game. Was there a suggestion to implement "tourism" in the list?
            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

kc7mxo - your sense of humour is just as weird as your username

Comment

Its true that tourism is important, NOW. So what. But not for that long. Perhaps there should be a tourism technology that would give you an income based on your culture rating? Or a wonder. That would be neat.

Et tu Ecthelion? Waaaaaah You hurt my feelings.

well, not really. heh heh. Anyone got any pizza? I'm hungry.

Comment

Working...
                X