Peace Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Symbols

Looking at the various Gamespy and Firaxis (last tutorial shot) screenshots, there seems to be peace symbols on a lot of the cities, why? Is it the mobilization that Firaxis talked of, where in peace building cost half, units cost double, and war, where buildings cost double and units half? Here's a couple of screenshots:

Gamespy 1
    Gamespy 2

Also, why as evident in the 2 Gamespy shots is there two kinds of peace symbol? (Waukegan and Salamanca have different symbols)

Yes, I think it depicts the two status which you can set your economy in (war and peace). Oh, and they look rather ugly. I hope they change the colors or something so they look better in the final game.
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

hmm...

That is interesting, does anyone have more info on this topic? I think its related to the peace status, it doesn't look like there might be "peace" movements in a Despotism...

Thanks for noticing, tell us, anyone, if you find out more!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiera
        Oh, and they look rather ugly. I hope they change the colors or something so they look better in the final game.
        Well, any counter-suggestions? What is wrong with those, exactly? Which alternative colours do you suggest?

Comment

I think a civilization mobilization, if thats what it is, should be part of the diplomacy/spy screen, not on each of their cities.

Comment

Also, why as evident in the 2 Gamespy shots is there two kinds of peace symbol? (Waukegan and Salamanca have different symbols)
            Yes. But they're also the only cities with symbols in that picture. So why don't the other cities have any? This is truly a mystery... (at least to me it is)
            CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
              Yes. But they're also the only cities with symbols in that picture. So why don't the other cities have any? This is truly a mystery... (at least to me it is)
              Good point, the other American cities don't have symbols on them, maybe they're not mobilization after all.

Comment

Maybe...

Either that or mobilizing requires a technology of some sort for it to work. It makes sense, as an ancient civilization would not have the capability to mobilize a la World War 2.
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                  I think a civilization mobilization, if thats what it is, should be part of the diplomacy/spy screen, not on each of their cities.
                  Hmm, couldn't you have some cities in mobilization status while others remain in peace status?
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Re: Maybe...

Originally posted by Shadowstrike
                    Either that or mobilizing requires a technology of some sort for it to work. It makes sense, as an ancient civilization would not have the capability to mobilize a la World War 2.
                    If you look at the first Gamespy screenshot, the Americans have a few cities, and their cities appear to be in the industrial age, but only Waukegan has the peace symbol. Why would one city have it, but not the other? The entire civ shares technology. A city improvement might allow such mobilization, a factory maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf

Well, any counter-suggestions? What is wrong with those, exactly? Which alternative colours do you suggest?
                      Right, first off, I think they could be smaller. And as for the colours, I'd use anything but that strident light green... That's just MHO, of course...
                      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

a humble suggestion...

Not to chill your enthusiasm about mobilization and all, but it can't be an Hippy simbol, hence a City Revolt sign?

Disclaimer: don't grab me into some flame war about hippies culture; no offence intended

It simply was a common symbol I associate to 'sixties protests march: feel free to correct me.
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

*bump* to see if anyone notice this thread again, and add her/him opinion
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                          X