Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support the idea of a dynamic number of civs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you support the idea of a dynamic number of civs?

Basically, the idea behind the "dynamic number of civs" is that civs form from others. Therefore during the game, you would have some civs being created from others, some being eliminated and merged into others, while new ones would contiously form. For example, you may start with the Celts, then have them break up forming Gauls, Irish, etc. These civs would then break up and or get assimilated into other civs. The original civ would go on of course, but only lasting as long as it would naturally last. If a player nations starts to break up, the player can take action against it. A strong culture rating would keep a nation together, in the sense of nationalism. In this manner, revolutions and schisms could also be simulated, as well as the demand of the creation of a new nation, etc.
    Yes! In all its entirity!
    44.00%
    Yes, as long as there is a cap on the number of civs.
    20.00%
    Only if occuring very infrequently.
    14.00%
    Only if restricted to a few times per game.
    4.00%
    Absolutely not. It will create a mess.
    12.00%
    What did you say? I didn't get all of that.
    6.00%
    *grumbles about work*

Neat idea Shadow! But I voted for it occuring infrequently because IMO, I believe it would start to get rather confusing if a large number of civs strarted breaking apart at once.

Comment

The choice of options for this poll should probably be the choice of options in the game, much like choosing Barbarian levels.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Well I am indifferent. My major concern is more relating to the total number of civs you can have in the game. I would like to see 16 civs existing side by side. Perhaps up to 32, but beyond this it would get silly (and too demanding on even the most powerful of computers).
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think I read somewhere that there will be a possibility of cities revolting and rejoining their former country depending on your cultural rating in Civ III.

It will be like a rise & fall of empires thingy. If you have a large empire and have taken a lot of cities from several other civs, then as the war drags on your cultural rating will drop, and if you don't manage to raise it somehow your cultural rating will get so low that the cities you have conquered will revolt and rejoin their respective countries, or maybe form new coutries.

Not sure if that made much sense, but anyhow I hope they implement something so there really will be a challenge to maintain a huge empire.
          We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

El Bumpo.
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

this would be a very cool feature IMO except it would nead to be very controlled ... Say you start off with 6 civs right, sometimes 6 civs is plenty. If you start getting into 10 civs then you've got a problem .. It's just too many, even if they are small ...
              -=-NakaNaka-=-

Comment

as long as it has a damn reason, im ok with it.

i often play civ in a facist mindset, and often disreguard the whole "happiness" deal. i dont know how this will figure into civ 3, and if this thing is implimented, there are going to be about 100 civs claiming to be from Rome.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

those screaming conforming smilies are starting to scare me
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                  X