X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW screensshot found by Al'Kimiya

Al'Kimiry found a 'hidden' screenshot from the Gamespy review

here

As you see it's the science advisor. It's seems not finished to me with all those strange spheres with T's in it and some headers colored and others not.

Looks like the techtree will be pretty much the same as in civ2 except for a few additions like education and printing press.

Maybe the T's are depressible buttons that go to explainations of the advance. Or maybe they are just placeholders for not completed art. Hmmm...the unit art doesn't look finished at all. It looks like all the artwork are just painted sketches from some graphics program. I'd say this is just a work in progress, visually, but the tree looks like it is already in place. Yep, pretty much like Civ2, but with some new "arts" techs, as was expected by most.
    A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Can't access it. Could you extract it and put it up as an attatchment?
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Here it is as an attachment. I had to shrink it to 75% b/c of it was too big to attach.
        Attached Files
        A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Unit art in poster...

Well the thing is that those images are just going to be representations of the units if they are all animated and whatever, so they will probably be just standard icons...

As for what the T spheres are, hmmm, some have crosses through them. Could they refer to making something obsolete or making something available?!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Aha! The Printing Press tech is in! And I've also seen some other interesting techs: Music Theory, Military Tradition... it looks like we're gonna have a large and very comprehensive tech tree!
            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Hmm, if this screen shows all the advances for the middle age (22 of them), and there is to be 4 ages that will give us about 100 advances. Civ II had 90 (?), with the increase in the number of wonders, units etc one would think that Civ III would have more advances than this.

But a lot of things are bound to change so this screenshot may not be that accurate, or the different ages have different number of advances.

My guess is that the "T"'s are placeholder graphics.

Nice work Al'Kimiya, always int to see new screenshots.
              We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

22*4=88, right? That would mean less tech than in Civ2! Well, maybe they've just chosen to put less techs in Middle Ages.

Some of those techs are dead-enders, BTW. Might these be culture-increasing, considering the names (Free Artistry, etc.)?
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu

22*4=88, right? That would mean less tech than in Civ2! Well, maybe they've just chosen to put less techs in Middle Ages.

I'm guessing more for the other ages, therefore I wrote 100. Seem highly unlikely there will be less advances than in Civ II.

There might also be more techs in Middle Ages than is shown in these screenshot, I hope so.

Some of those techs are dead-enders, BTW. Might these be culture-increasing, considering the names (Free Artistry, etc.)?

Yep, I think I saw somewhere that some techs are required to advance to the next age, and some are optional and are there to increase culture etc.
                  We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

I found another hidden screenshot, folks. It is a screenshot of the main map.

On the bottom of the map, you will notice that a worker unit has been selected (the white crossshair) and you can see the buttons for the worker. There is the button to build roads, fort, colony etc...
                    You can also see a native american unit.

check it at [URL=http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?/e3/civ3/image17.jpg]
                    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

It has long been suggested on this forum that each advance have ways to be improved on either through more research or by actual use. I would like to think the 'T's might be that type of improvement of each advance and the indication of how the technology was improved. Of course the actual art is not finalized and so 'T's are used for now.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                        I found another hidden screenshot, folks. It is a screenshot of the main map.

On the bottom of the map, you will notice that a worker unit has been selected (the white crossshair) and you can see the buttons for the worker. There is the button to build roads, fort, colony etc...
                        You can also see a native american unit.
                        This should be a working link here.

If you want I could post a picture like I did of the last one.
                        Last edited by senowen; May 22, 2001, 13:00.

Comment

Yes, go ahead and post the screenshot. Thanks.
                          Last edited by The diplomat; May 22, 2001, 13:14.
                          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Well it all looks very promising to me.
                            I hope all the buttons on the playing screen don't turn it into a "click-fest", but this will probably not be the case

Keep the screen-shots coming guys.

The anticaption.....
                            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

The diplomat: Yes, go ahead and post the screenshot. Thanks.
                              Actually I'd rather not put up the shot unless someone can't get access, b/c it makes the thread load slowly.

Good job on the new screenshot by the way.

Sean: The anticaption.....
                              That's kind of like the antiparentheses isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X