Best govt for archip map & english

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best govt for archip map & english

I never play the island maps 'cause I don't have the patience to sink so many ships but after hearing the virtues of the English, I thought I'd give it a go.

Anyway, I'm just researching poly and, usually, I'd go for monarchy - demo or commie depending on whether I want to fight or build. But now I'm wondering, if my empire is spread out (it's a high water map and the islands are very tiny (3- 5 cities max per landmass) would repub be better than monarch or perhaps feudalism? I have NO luxs or iron on my island or either of the neighboring ones that I can reach. (I do have horsies though, whippee...)
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

I recommend Republic in pretty much all situation, so I guess I'll suggest you try that.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I edit war weariness to low in democracy, so democracy all the way!!!!
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

You should give Democracy also 10 units per city free support. Much more fun. A 10.10.10 warrior in the ancient age is also a nice to have.

On topic: If you appreciate a little bit roleplaying, it's Monarchy hands down. I mean, it's England, right?

Comment

I love playing England on archi maps... I definately agree that Republic is the way to go.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

In continental games I use Feudalism in times of war, but in this case I think Republic should be the government of choice for any time.
            >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by spy14
              I edit war weariness to low in democracy, so democracy all the way!!!!

I'm sure you download trainers for all games you play as well. And proudly report a win everytime
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I suck.

I gave up on this win with England aspiration 'cause I can't take Madrid which has 2 wonders! I land as many troops as my 3 decent towns can make (I only have 5 towns but the farther away islands don't make anything) and take out a couple defenders but they always have one left. I can't even land outside their boundaries to stockpile troops before attacking since they've expanded to the shore.

And two other civs which are 3 ocean stops via galley away have declared war because I won't pay tribute. Not even gonna pretend to try to attack them. And the Byz got the GLight two turns before ME!!!!

Obviously I'm doing something wrong since it's only monarch level and I suck...

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

I'm sure you download trainers for all games you play as well. And proudly report a win everytime
                  Such a shame that you're wrong then. I tend to complete games, then have some fun with some cheats, and er, cant ever recall looking at trainers/walkthroughs.

Ooh yeah!! I got stuck on monkey island a few years back so checked one then!!

Comment

And returning to the original point, I believe the war weariness in democracy is set too high (sure we have lots of protests about wars, but i've never seen a city shut down all its production for a year). I can tolerate it as long as I have Sistine Chapel, lots of Cathedrals, and maybe Universal Sufferage for good measure

Comment

Oh, ummm... I just clued in to what trainers were. Makes me think of underpants. (Not mine though...)

How do you do a walkthrough for Civ? That'd be one looong walkthrough. hehehehehe

{where can I get me one of dem dere walkthroughs?}

Comment

mimi, you need no trainer nor do you need a walkthrough (there is none). Continue to discuss your problems in the Strategy forum, as you started already.

Comment

The strategy forum is far and away your best bet, but i've also noticed the occasional good tip in the stories section.

As for trainers and underpants ??

Comment

You have 5 towns and some of them are on other land masses? You only have 3 towns on your homeland?

Is this a 5CC run? I would think not, so post your current save and your start save, if you can so we can see what is going on.

I would think that if your start location was so small as to hold only 3 cities, you would start a new game. It is one thing to play out a bad start for players that play at deity or sid, but if monarch is your normal level, that is a bad start.

IOW if you need a challenge, then play a bad start, otherwise go for a reasonable one and have fun.

Comment

there is a map, promised land
                              Maximum cities on starting landmasses are 4 vmxa
                              The computer usually starts off with 2 citites max. there are 12 civs and each are the same size but in the middle of the map, there is a continent 12 times your landmass. Only a layer of mountains, a wall of barbarian continents (completely covered by barbarians and barbarian cities) and only a small narrow path big enough for two ships to pass through
                              Did i mention constant barbarian uprisings
                              like 30(im not exxaggerating) galleys created that hunt you down ina pack every time there is an uprising. And the barbarians are restless.
                              Fun map try it sometime
                              That's right, I'm a bloody Chink!!!
                              Bow to me and my superior CRUISE MISSILES!!!!!
                              A shout to all the asians and all the white people, etc., etc.
                              Ego sum Deum. Currunt von mich et mir MISSILES (i dunno the latin)

Comment

Working...
                              X