Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I eliminate a civ does that hurt rep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wipe out said Civ you definately do. If another AI wipes them out I'm not sure if there is consequence to the human.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

There was a thread about this in the C3C forum, and it was found that if you are trading with an AI civ, viz. resources, gpt, &c., and another AI eliminates the civ with which you have a deal with, you get a rep-hit for breaking the said deals. This was done to avoid exploits where a player would trade gpt for a non-per-turn item, anticipating its demise via the third civ, and so reaping the benefits without much loss.
      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        Wait, wait... let me get this right: If you have a trade deal with a civ, and another civ wipes out that civ, you get a rep hit as if you broke the deal?
        They don't even have to be wiped out, Boris. The trade connection just has to be cut (via them losing their port city, or a road getting cut... hell, it's possible for this to happen as a result of a volcano erupting and nailing a particular roaded tile).

This, however, has been noted by Firaxis and they deliberately left it in, citing potential exploitation if the human player wasn't penalized for such things. You could sign a deal giving iron to an AI you knew wasn't going to last more than a couple of turns in exchange for a tech. Actually, I've done that. But then I killed everyone who knew about it.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

That sucks. Bad programming.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Before realizing this I got caught by this frequently. I was in the habit of trading cheaply to civs on their last leg to try to prop them up in wars to prevent KAIs. Since it’s particularly hard to know if they have 20 turns left on the planet when they're on another continent - next thing I knew, I’ve broken a trade deal.
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Yeah, pretty much. It is what it is. Be aware of it and work around it.

I've actually "invaded" a trading partner to form a line of units to prevent said trading partner from being overrun.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Autoraze is still in C3C - I took had to take a couple AI outposts last week, and sure enough they got autorazed.

I'm fairly positive than wiping out a civ as such does not affect either attitude nor reputation.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Autoraze is disabled in certain Conquests scenarios (Rise of Rome, for example), but it's still there in the Epic Game, AFAIK.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

You could sign a deal giving iron to an AI you knew wasn't going to last more than a couple of turns in exchange for a tech. Actually, I've done that. But then I killed everyone who knew about it.

-Arrian
                    Ah "the deception", how sweet it is......

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      Autoraze is disabled in certain Conquests scenarios (Rise of Rome, for example), but it's still there in the Epic Game, AFAIK.
                      Do you know how one would go about disabling it in a scenario of one's own?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I don't, actually, but I believe it can be done with the editor. I just haven't made an scenarios, so I don't know exactly how.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                        X