Pretty scenery - where is it hiding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty scenery - where is it hiding?

You know that pretty scenery that we see in some people's screenies they post here? Where does it come from? And how do I use it? Do I have to replace a file in my civ directory or something?
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Check out the Civ3-Files or Civ3-Creation section for new graphics. Lots of good (IMO better) stuff down there.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Just another part of my silly question - do the terrain graphics I can find in files work with any version of C3C?
      If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
      Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Originally posted by mimi
        Just another part of my silly question - do the terrain graphics I can find in files work with any version of C3C?
        Do you mean version as in patch versions? The terrain graphics work with all patches, etc.

I'd recommend backing up all your older terrain graphics before overwriting them with some of the ones you find.

Oh, and my personal recommendations...sn00py's graphics sets (including the ones for both the original game and the updates for C3C), along with Niessuh's soft mines, rockier bonus grassland, and altered irrigation.

Comment

Or mix and match. Its up to you. Other people will suggest Warpstorms graphics, but they seem too wierd for me to look at for hours on end
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

post pictures, what do they look like?

Comment

Working...
            X