how Get AI to war with one another in edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how Get AI to war with one another in edit

I tried to create a small island map with all 16 civs on there so that it would be an all out brawl for resources and land. Unfortunatly, all the civs are getting along just fine! And there is ABSOLUTLY NO WAR! The only war or agression of any kind is targeted at me! This makes for both a frustrating and pretty boring game..... so I was wondering how you make civs hate one another through the editor, or just make them so that they will accually war with one another!?? PLEASE HELP!

Raise their aggressiveness levels. This is made on the editor IIRC, and you can raise it more by setting a more aggressive level when you start the game. I don't know, however, if the second alternative just applies with AI against you or is related with AI anger against all world.

Comment

Sounds like the relationship betwixt 'small island map' and 16 civs is also a bit off. You want all out brawls pointed in another direction just besides you?

Try some of these ideas.

Reduce civs to 8, place them clock wise around the island. Have four pair counter to each other in position as locked allies. Go into editor profile and only place the most aggressive civs or just up there aggressive profile in the game editor. Give each pair a different starting government, so to match shunned and favored governments each to each.

Give them plenty of offensive and defensive start units. And each a start of three or four settlers. Reason, they generally waste cities going after Major Wonders. Set the game to elimination and domination.

For hardcore waring, Down-Size Great Wonders to Small Wonders and cheapin their build costs. Here are more go get them, ideas; have basic builds like, walls, granaries and barracks and the like set to spit out an powerful unit not yet buildable early game every 5 turns or so. Have the capitol spit out an Army every 15 turns at least. Have the Library give 'free' leaders every 8-10 turns so the AI's can use them to clean up long builds fast and go back to churning out units. Tag easy build powerful units 'free maintenance', this is a sure measure for keeping the battles flowing.

Oh and put at least half the resourses plentifully in the 'middle' of the Island. Pre-build roads crisscrossing the Island and place a few barricades at junction points.

Now with the above measures, I am sure there will be no more problems with any kind of lingering PEACE.

Oh and by the way, I speak from 'experience' concerning these suggestions.

Happy Modding, Gaming and SURVIVIAL
      Last edited by Antrine; May 16, 2004, 21:14.
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Thanks alot guys!
        Now I'll try to get the onslaught that I seek

Comment

Lock alliances and set them against each other.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

How do you lock alliances? I havent seen where I can do that from editor... and a MPP is -FAR- from a 'locked alliance'. So if there IS a way to lock them from editor or something... direct me to that botton Please.
            Last edited by theDragon; May 23, 2004, 22:57.

Comment

Pull up the Conquests Editor, Load your Scenario game file, go to Scenario Tab, tick 'Custom Player Data'. Now with this enabled click open Scenario/Scenario Properties. Third tab over is 'Locked Alliance' here find said locked alliance dialog windows for four such Alliances.
              The Graveyard Keeper
              Of Creation Forum
              If I can't answer you don't worry
              I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Thank-you. I didn't have the time to look it up for him myself.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Damn. Well I should have figured that it would only be in Conquests. I've been meaning to pick it up, but sadly havent gotten around to it. I still have Civ3 out of the box. Well I guess I have one more reason to go get it. Thanks guys!

Comment

Don't mention it. I forgot this was Civ3-General, not Civ3-Conquests.

Comment

Working...
                    X