Question About Difficulty & Goodie Huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Difficulty & Goodie Huts

After a few horrendous bouts on Sid difficulty, I noticed that the results of goodie huts seem to produce vastly different results on various difficulty settings. So I'm wondering, is it even possible to get things like tech advances from goodie huts on anything higher than Chieftan?

I didn't really notice it for several months until it dawned on me that I recalled getting an ancient tech advance once looooong ago, but since then can't recall ever getting one again. So as a test, I created a few games just to see what kind of results I'd get from goodie huts and I was surprised to discover how much of a difference the difficulty appeared to make.

So my question is, what are the odds of getting various results from goodie huts at the various difficulty levels? And is it possible to get ancient tech advances on the mid-to-high difficulty settings?

- Z

I don't have the numbers at hand, but the results form goody huts indeed get worse as the difficulty level increases.

You can get techs on higher levels (at least up to Deity - never played Sid). I seem to recall you can't get Settlers or cities on Deity and Sid.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

You cant get settlers from them at Sid level, but im pretty sure the other good finds (like towns and techs) are reduced to.
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I never got a tech at Sid, but most game are played with no barbs. The huts are nothing but grief at Sid. The main reason to play without them is to hold downthe tech pace.

I only recall getting advanced tribes below emperor, but I am not saying you can't get them all the way up to Demi. You can get settlers at Demi IIRC.

Comment

You can get Gold, Maps, and Warriors on Sid. (Barbs if you're non-Expansionist of course)
          Add in Techs and Settlers on Deity.
          Cities for Demigod and lower.

The rates change by difficulty level too. Lower the level the more likely you'll get something good.

Comment

Thanks guys.

- Z

Comment

Working...
            X