Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you set the opposing civ selectors to random instead of a specific civ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you set the opposing civ selectors to random instead of a specific civ...

Is "NONE" counted as a possible random result?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

No
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Reminds me; why isn't there a way to randomize the number of opponents? That's just about the only aspect of world-creation you can't randomize.
      Last edited by Last Conformist; May 14, 2004, 14:38.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

good point , perhaps an addition for civ4 is to have a max min random enemy civs ...
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Thanks, I always avoided random because I thought it might, and I like playing maximum civs.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

max civs is fun . . . max civs on large archipelagos, large world. plenty of space for everyone, but makes domination fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
              Reminds me; why isn't there a way to randomize the number of opponents? That's just about the only aspect of world-creation you can't randomize.
              Well, that would have to do with world size, then...

What you could do, if you have any programming skills or know someone who does, is make a dual-system random number generator. First it will randomly select a map size (which you also can't currently do), and then based on the map size it picks a random number of opponents...THis would somewhat lessen the fun of randomness by knowing how random some things are, and would require a lot more work then a 'random' button would allow...
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Yes, random world sizes should also be added for CivIV.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Small world with 32 civs would be fun, although somewhat ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi
                    Small world with 32 civs would be fun, although somewhat ridiculous.
                    I've done this several times. It's SO MUCH FUN.
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Try out my Hexette map - five civs on 16X16!

Comment

Working...
                      X