Civ On the N-Gage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ On the N-Gage?

Sorry if this is old news but this is the first I have heard of it.

I kinda hope they port civ3 on to the PSP, which would be much more cunning than wasting their time on the dead N-Gage platform.

Heretic! The PC is the One True And Only Civ Platform!

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

One of my friends play Civ1 in his mobile. Pretty amuzing and is like a time machine to the 20th Century

Here's a pic of the mobile version.
      Attached Files
      >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

I miss Civ1
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Nostalgy! Kind of miss Civ1 me too

I have it somewhere, but as I'm used to Civ3, I'll probably suck at it. In 10 years time, we can play Civ3 on our mobiles.

Comment

I'm sure it will be sooner than 10 years

Comment

Civ on my cellphone? This far, cellphones have improved my social life, but once I get that it's pretty much done for ...

So, I better stick to the PC!
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Anyway it would be dissapointing to be at the gates of Paris to overthrow Napoleon and just before... receive a call

Comment

This reminds me again of my friend Luigi naming his civilization the "Kicka**". He'd always get a chuckle when "Kicka** wise men discover The Wheel!" or something of the like.

I miss little Civ1 stuff like that from my childhood.

I also miss kicking my brother and my father's a**es in a months-long hotseat game of CivNet (having started from a hideous starting area).
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Speaking of Civ1, does anyone have any idea why it runs slower on a modern computer that it did when it came out? It ran just fine on a 25Mz 80386 processor with 4MB RAM and it ran frustratingly slow on every processor I used since the first Pentiums came out. The reason I'm asking is because I have the habbit of trying to run it on every new Windows installation. Last night was the first time I ran it on XP and the first time in 10 years it had sound on the first try, without having to resort to hunting for obsolete hardware, untested drivers and/or voodoo incantations. It is painfully slow, though. After this, I dug out other games I had from that time and most of them followed the general trend of running much faster.
                    And I was so looking forward to replaying Civ1 once again.
                    The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Hopefully the N-Gage version will be based on Civ3. I also miss some of the things in Civ1, but if I went back, i would miss things like culture and automatic workers.

Comment

Playing Civilization on a mobile phone is surely too much!
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. A. Cula
                          Speaking of Civ1, does anyone have any idea why it runs slower on a modern computer that it did when it came out? It ran just fine on a 25Mz 80386 processor with 4MB RAM and it ran frustratingly slow on every processor I used since the first Pentiums came out. The reason I'm asking is because I have the habbit of trying to run it on every new Windows installation. Last night was the first time I ran it on XP and the first time in 10 years it had sound on the first try, without having to resort to hunting for obsolete hardware, untested drivers and/or voodoo incantations. It is painfully slow, though. After this, I dug out other games I had from that time and most of them followed the general trend of running much faster.
                          And I was so looking forward to replaying Civ1 once again.
                          I think it might have something to do with the fact that windows no longers uses the Expanded (EMS) memory area any more, but the Extended (XMS) area, and Civ 1 required EMS memory to be run (and as a DOS program it doesn't recognise XMS).
                          You could try looking at the .pif properties. The fourth tab is 'Memory' set all the values to their highest and tick/check all the option boxes, it may work...
                          -Sir T

Comment

You would be right. Its an acheivment to get Civ1 running at all on a modern system, the systems Civ1 was designed for are a different world to any remotely modern machine. Try running it through a Dos emulator, it should pull the performance back up to the old levels.
                            "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                            X