Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the deal with the AI's galley? another cheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the deal with the AI's galley? another cheat?

Just look at this screenshot. I know that several time a galley may navigate on ocean for a couple of turns, but this time they did it for 3 turns one of them and the other one 4 turns this is too much of a cheat for the AI

EDIT: that caravel also should be sunked.. 3 turns on ocean
    Attached Files
    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

um... can't galleys travel in ocean freely after you have Navigation or Magnetism?
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

If you can build a Frigate then you have Navigation, which means that all ships can sail on oceans safely, including Galleys. So chances are the other civ has Navigation as well.

Oops, I meant Magnetism.

Comment

ohh.. ok.. didn't know about it. Thanks guys

Well, I do like that dutch fleet near my coast, they shall be erased

Comment

Originally posted by Chilean President
          Well, I do like that dutch fleet near my coast, they shall be erased
          That's the spirit
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Glad you worked that out

I'm only 99.9% sure here but the AI will actually NEVER leave safe waters. Not to cross a small gap, not to take out units that sits on sea tiles.

The last on is very close to a human cheat, in a current game (1.15b) I built the lighthouse which allows my galleys to travel sea squares. Strangely enough, the AI never attacked my galleys as long as they ended their turn in the sea, not even when they would be able to retreat to the coast after attacking
            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

bongo: The AI's refusal to go on unsafe tiles have been confirmed by Firaxians.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Oops, there goes the last 0.1% of my uncertainity

Thanks btw

Comment

I've actually seen the AI go on unsafe tiles, much the same way a human will, to explore further out in to the ocean or to cross a gap that can be crossed in one turn. However, they will never risk their ships by ending on unsafe tiles, and thus can't suicide like humans. Perhaps there's something against attacking on to an unsafe tile, but I've seen other temporarily unsafe moves.

Comment

Verifiable by the fact that the goto-pathfinder will count/allow unsafe tiles in your moves, so long as you are not ENDING there. I'm sure I can remember having seen that, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been certain AND wrong
                    It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                    She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

I've seen that a hundred times. But I swear i've been sold world maps by the AI that have a line across the ocean made visible by one of their ships which has mysteriously ended, even if ive purchased a new copy of the map a couple of turns later its been the same.

Either I recall wrong, the ship turned round, or the AI can send ships on exploration missions.
                      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

At least in this game, the AI did NOT attack my galleys that were within reach but on unsafe tiles. The AI normally don't miss an opportunity with a 50% success rate (I believe some testers showed the AI will not attack when below 10% probable sucess rate on a single attack)

Comment

Where'd you get the cool ship graphics?

Comment

CFC's Muliple Units library

Comment

*smack myself*

I've looked at that picture each time I've looked at this thread, and only after Kuciwalker's comment did I realize that it used munits ...
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X