Civil Disorder Popup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Disorder Popup Question

When does the Civil DIsorder popup give the choice "zoom to CITY"? and when does the popup not give that choice?

Thanks

I don't think even the game designers know

Comment

Re: Civil Disorder Popup Question

Originally posted by saturn
      When does the Civil DIsorder popup give the choice "zoom to CITY"? and when does the popup not give that choice?

Thanks
      Depending on patches? Direction of the wind?
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I could be wrong, but isn't the choice of having 'civil disorder pop-ups' in player preferences?
        "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

If the disorder can be quelled by making a few entertainers without starvation, you get the three choices (one of them "Give them some entertainment"). If starvation would ensue by making entertainers, you get only two choices (one of them "zoom to city"), presumably so you can choose between rioting and starvation.

Catt

Comment

Ah, thanks for that Catt. I always wondered why sometimes you got 2 and other times 3 choices.
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

You are not suppose to let it get to that point. Check cities with grown to se if they have more unhappy faces than they have happy ones.

Use F1 if you have too many cities to keep track of.

Comment

Originally posted by Catt
                If the disorder can be quelled by making a few entertainers without starvation, you get the three choices (one of them "Give them some entertainment"). If starvation would ensue by making entertainers, you get only two choices (one of them "zoom to city"), presumably so you can choose between rioting and starvation.

Catt
                ahhh, so there is a method to that madness

I never knew that.

Comment

Thanks Catt.

Comment

Does anyone ever use "give them some entertainment"?
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Yes, you may have no choice, but to give them some entertainment at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        All the time.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I always zoom to the city and micromanage the citizen placement. When faced with massive, starvation-inducing rioting (i.e., loss of multiple luxuries due to outbreak of multiple wars simultaneously), I'll ignore the disorder until I can work with sliders to try and alleviate enough rioting to make specilists viable ot to quell outright the dissent.

Catt

Comment

I always use this. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

I used to, but almost never anymore. Disorder is a trigger for me to pause, and examine the state of my empire and citizens. Exception: 75-100 cities or more, and then I usually am in the midst of some kinda dreadnaught domination play, and will just assign entertainers to non-core cities just to keep up the pace of play.
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                              X