Stupid question time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question time

So I left the computer for a second while playing Civ III. My brother comes in and hits a button and now I don't have any of the windows (Mini-Map, Science/gpt window, etc) how do I get them back?

Alt-tabbed out? Map scrolled to the black area perhaps, but doesn't explain the rest.
    Or it crashed

No taskbar, I take it?
    It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
    She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Try pressing the "delete" key. It toggles the interface on and off.
      Mike Breitkreutz
      Programmer
      FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Well there you go. Next time I'll make sure my brother doesn't hit anything. Thanks much.

Comment

Yet another undocumented feature? Or is it actually mentioned somewhere well hidden?
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Been used for a long time. When you see your keys move to the side, you can use backspace it to put them back.

Anyway I play with no autosave, so when I walk away from the PC I save the game, just in case we have lift off. Power went out a few days ago, so it can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              I play with no autosave
              Just out of curiosity, why not?
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

He is an iron man.

Comment

Autosave wastes your valuable disk space!!
                  "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I just find it annoying to have the things being written to the HD and I have to keep erasing them. I am a nut that likes to erase files all the time (OCD I guess).

I have plenty of disk space, but I still go around using delete on stuff.

Comment

But there are only a limited number of autosave slots, with old saves being automatically written over.

Comment

I didn't say it had a good reason, only a complusion. I have been cleaning up my disk space since hard drives came out, even with 60GB ones and more than one, just a habit.

Comment

I can't really say anything since it bugs me if the icons showing the files in a folder aren't neatly organised.

Comment

The number of crashes I have, compulsion or no, iron man or no, I wouldn't DARE turn it off
                            It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                            She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Now that I have my hardware working, I can leave the game for days. I just walk away and come back the next day and it is fine.

Would not want to do it with win9x, but XP PRO seems fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X