Settlers from goodie huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlers from goodie huts

I've sometimes played games in which I've gotten a settler from a goodie hut and then I'm allowed to move the setler but recently it seems the settler automatically creates a town in the same spot the hut was at. Was this a change in the latest version of Conquests (I have 1.22)?

Lunacy

No, some huts spawn towns, while others spawn settlers. It could be just an odd run of the RNG, but both options, AFAIK, are still available to be popped from huts.
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Except for the level. No settlers or advanced cities (remember civ2) for Sid. Looks like no tech either.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        ... advanced cities (remember civ2) ...
        advanced tribes (I have better memory )
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Having played for nearly 3 years, almost daily, I can say I never encounterd one.

Comment

they are there in the lower levels...

yet I am sure they are not in the highest levels

also I believe there are conditions to getting them
            ie: you cannot have a settler alive and wandering the land or sitting in a City; and I think it goes so far that you are not supposed to even be researching them.

Some of the Poly Brains trust here will have the exact details on these points
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

-you can increase the chances of getting an 'advanced tribe' if you have no military units [and none in production], and no settler already running around.
              "...and if sometimes I can't seem to talk, know this blackboard lacks a piece of chalk."
              [www.gallowglass.ca]

Comment

To recieve a settler, you must:
                1) not have a settler
                2) not be building a settler
                3) not have more than the average number of cities

(Yeah, 300th post. I lost that annoying title)
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Why don't they make a good manual?

Comment

Coincidentally I today just popped a hut that gave me a new town instead of a settler (at Emperor level). First time I can recall that happening in a looooong time, so maybe something has changed with 1.22. I was playing an Expansionist civ.
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Re EXP:

I seem to remember someone running a test on this subject, i.e., the re-distribution of the odds of what pops from a hut. I don;t remember if whoever did it thought to set things up for Settler pops though, to see if the odds increased.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Ive been getyting lots of settlers recently.
                        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by georges bonbon
                          Why don't they make a good manual?
                          There'd be nothing for people like alexman to do.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

They don't make manuals that well for the lack of resources and time. No matter how much we do not like it, money is the driving force.

It takes time and people to do tech doc work and neither is cheap.
                            The manual for the base product was good size, but still lacks much of the detail we would like. Then you have the lead time issue that makes much of the stuff out of date.

I would like to see them put the manual out in adobe so it could be augmented with out too much effort as more facts became known.

The question I don't understand why more of the formulas are not given. I guess they are concerned about competitors.

Comment

No. I think they just don't think that most users would care about the formulas. They want them to be a black box mystery.

A 'competitor' would have no trouble getting the formulas out of the assembly code if they wanted them bad enough. BTW, who are these competitors you speak of?
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X