question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

A question: What does the AI use to determine whether or not to attack? I'm just curious to try and understand what kind of reasoning it might use. As the Arabs I was sandwiched between the Indians and th Hittites. I was on good terms with everyone, when the hittites attacked for seemingly no reason. First off, they're UU was outdated by this time, so it was no threat. Secondly, they really had no reason to attack me and every reason not to. I shared tech within reason and offered gold. Does the AI determine that it needs to "whittle" down its opponents if it can't really defeat them?

A surprise happened though. After Ghandi and I wiped the floor the Hittites, they contacted me after 20 turns wanting to renew our peace treaty. I've never seen a Civ ask to renew a peace treaty. Is there some special reason for that?
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

I don't know about the first point, but if you had a gpt deal, the AI will renegotiate the peace treaty to get rid of the drain
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

one thing I have noticed, if you are weak in military compared to them, they are likely to be aggressive and attack. They almost always seem to attack me when I neglect my military and let them have a larger army than me (check the mililtary advisor screen).

Comment

1. Did you have gpt deals with the Hittites? If unable to afford such deals, the AI civs will sometimes declare war.

2. Had you previously warred with the Indians and negotiated a peace? Those come up 20 turns later for re-confirmation,
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

There are also some odd ones. For example, it (the AI) parks outsides your city, so you give it an RoP, and force it to ally with you in your crusade against all the other civs. But because it originally intended to attack you, it breaks all those agreements - is still at war with everyone - and you - takes the rep hit - and probably lose anyway! Good eh?
          It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
          She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Working...
          X