Dual Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Install

How do you preform a dual install, for both 1.15 and 1.22, primarily for PBEMs and my 50+ save games that (I hope) I wil finish.

Any help is appriciated, as always.

(I believe that vmxa1 will be the first poster to give info. If I get it right, then that guy deserves a special title)
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Nope.

Check out the PBEM Info Thread which contains a copy of my dual install instructions about three posts down.

Comment

I said that will give info. There is still hope
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Ah, but I was the first to post the dual install info in some threads. Then it was copied into the PBEM info thread, so it's easier to link to that then to just post the info again.

Comment

Ok, I just wanted a reason to suggest that vmxa1 be made a mod for this and the conquest forums.

Comment

vmxa1 is a defacto moderator anyway, due to his seemingly perpetual presence and usually faultless cheery advice.

But to give Rhoth his due, I followed his instructions and it worked to a tee, even for a tech-neanderthal like myself....just uninstall, reinstall to 1.15b, copy the Conquests folder to another location and put a shrotcut on your desktop to access it, and then upgrade the original install to 1.22. Of course, I have the luxury of having a large external drive where I've put the 1.15 version.

BTW Krill, your avatar is really cool
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I remember having a dual install. But I had 2 hard drives. Real easy that way.

Comment

OK, I surrender. Thanks Rhoth, I followed the instructions and it's working now. It has taken a while to get it working, though. I bodged most of my installs, so this made me tidy it up.

Comment

Working...
                X