Please Help, Multiplayer & Patch ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, Multiplayer & Patch ?'s

This is my first post to this site so please bear withe me.

Myself & a buddy were playing a game online in version 1.15 and although a bit slow at times worked rather well.

Now when we play it drops him off after every turn. Neither of us have any other programs running including firewalls etc.

We upgraded to version 1.20 & 1.22 and the program will not even load.

I get the following errors:

Data IO Operation System Errorate
    Data IO Operation System Error:CNSL
    Data IO Operation System Error:PLGE

We have tried everything and just want to finish this game.

I REALLY appreciate your help!

Bob

You might get more help in the Civ3 MP forum. They probably know a little bit more about how the patch works for MP and why you would be getting those errors. I don't play MP so I can't help you unfortunately.

Welcome to Poly though.

Comment

Are you trying to load a 1.15 save with the 1.22 patch?
      That's a no-no.
      However, there is a workaround, if you're interested.

Comment

...go to the MP forum...or wait for alexman to show up.

I'm still waiting to hear if you were hired by Firaxis alexman.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
          Are you trying to load a 1.15 save with the 1.22 patch?
          That's a no-no.
          However, there is a workaround, if you're interested.
          Yes, that is what I was trying to do. I quickly figured out that is not an option. (At least not for me.)

Is this why we keep getting dropped off? It usually shows a ping somewhere between 90-120 when we launch.

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Bob

Comment

Find the old conquests.biq, conquests.mb, and civilopedia.txt files. Hopefully you still have them somewhere, otherwise you can get them by extracting the 1.15 patch into an empty folder.

Backup your 1.22 conquests.biq, conquests.mb, and civilopedia.txt files, and replace them with the 1.15 ones. You should then be able to load 1.15 saves with the 1.22 patch.

After you finish your game, restore the 1.22 files.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
              I'm still waiting to hear if you were hired by Firaxis alexman.
              Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                Find the old conquests.biq, conquests.mb, and civilopedia.txt files. Hopefully you still have them somewhere, otherwise you can get them by extracting the 1.15 patch into an empty folder.

Backup your 1.22 conquests.biq, conquests.mb, and civilopedia.txt files, and replace them with the 1.15 ones. You should then be able to load 1.15 saves with the 1.22 patch.

After you finish your game, restore the 1.22 files.
                Uhhmm, Ok. I do have the 1.15 patch. So I install 1.20 1.22. Then I should move the file you spoke of & replace them with the 1.15 versions?

Will this help in the dropping off problem? ( Yes, I'm a bit of a moron.)

For all of those wondering, I have NOT received any payolla from Alexman. At least not yet.

Thanks for your help!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by St. Louis Bob

Will this help in the dropping off problem? ( Yes, I'm a bit of a moron.)
                  The above will enable you to load 1.15 saves with 1.22. I would be surprised if the dropping off happens for another reason, but I suppose it could. If it doesn't help, then I have no other ideas. I have not played non-PBEM MP in a long time.

In any event, you will need the above workaround to load 1.15 saves, even if your dropping off happens for other reasons.

Comment

Working...
                  X